Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
My keyboard won't light up anymore - I am in a dark room, with all lights out - no light up keys... Any suggestions???:confused::confused::confused:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Have you checked System Preferences --> Keyboard & Mouse to make sure the option to illuminate the keyboard in low light is checked?

MacBooksRock

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 27, 2007
There's no option like that...

I purchased the PB off of eBay - if they used an iMac disk to install tiger on it, would that be why it won't light up? Thanks.

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I don't think it should matter.

There are 3 function keys that control keyboard backlighting- 2 that adjust the intensity, and 1 that turns the backlight on and off. Are you sure that it's turned on?

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I don't think it should matter.

There are 3 function keys that control keyboard backlighting- 2 that adjust the intensity, and 1 that turns the backlight on and off. Are you sure that it's turned on?

I had the same thing happen to my Powerbook. The computer doesn't even recognise that fact there's a backlit keyboard installed. No preference settings and the F keys just display the ø sign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.