Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
Past: MacBook and 30" CD in the living room
100_7298.jpg

Present: New Mac Pro setup in the bedroom. The MacBook is now actually used as a laptop. Yeh! Trimmed the fat on some accessories, and networked to the laser printer kept elsewhere in the house.
100_1272.jpg

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
Past: MacBook and 30" CD in the living room
Present: New Mac Pro setup in the bedroom. The MacBook is now actually used as a laptop. Yeh! Trimmed the fat on some accessories, and networked to the laser printer kept elsewhere in the house.

Nice! I bet running 30" @ 1280x800 was annoying as hell ;) :D

N10248

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
Essex, U.K.
I found some pictures of my old setups, so here it is from my first iMac to today...

October 2004

November 2005

September 2007

Today: 21st April 2008

Bye

xtwilightx

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2008
1) Its easy
2) Why dont you upgrade to Leopard? ;)

I am very picky about hard drive space. I assumed Leopard would take up a lot more space. I only have a 80 GB HD. I have been meaning to ask Apple if they could tell me how much space would be free after I upgraded to Leopard.

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
I am very picky about hard drive space. I assumed Leopard would take up a lot more space. I only have a 80 GB HD. I have been meaning to ask Apple if they could tell me how much space would be free after I upgraded to Leopard.

From my experience, Leopard upgrade takes about 5-7 GBs over Tiger installation.

MSD401

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
I am looking for a new desk, possibly black or black with dark wood....and i would love an L shaped desk... I cant seem to find anything just googling?.. I have seen some in flickr when searching 'mac stepups' but no one has any tagged?

Links or thoughts anyone..

PS also hopefully something that wont break the bank...

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
You'd have roughly 45GB. But much of that can be reclaimed by getting rid of languages you don't need and other such things.

anmoldagreat

macrumors member
Feb 29, 2008
seattle
heres a pic from my cramped dorm room
over summer ill be adding another 19in monitor, a studio set of headphones, and a hackintosh if apple doesnt make a MMMM
281636509_kmzef-L.jpg

from left to right you have my macbook, dell 2007wfphc, logitech s530 keyboard and mouse, ipod touch, wii, freeagent 320gb time machine hd, maxtor 750gb media hd, wii, jbl ipod dock speakers, nano for running, and a canon mp460 all in one under the desk.

PowerBookRelic

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008

Nice set up, but does that light reflect oddly on the ACD? Also, this room/desk looks somewhat familiar (Yes, I have been following since way before pt. V), is there a huge flat panel TV on the other wall, and if so, how is it in a room that sized?

diotav

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2005
My desk is from the IKEA Galant-series. I do indeed own a 40" Samsung Full-HDTV that's left of me outside the picture. Going to buy a mount soon for above my bed. The lamp isn't annoying at all because the ACD doesn't reflect.

MSD401

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2006
My desk is from the IKEA Galant-series. I do indeed own a 40" Samsung Full-HDTV that's left of me outside the picture. Going to buy a mount soon for above my bed. The lamp isn't annoying at all because the ACD doesn't reflect.

ahh thanks for the relpy! I thought it was that they dont have that darker color anymore though :(

Kashojones

macrumors member
Mar 5, 2008
?
I challenge you!!!!! Lol j/k I bought a few more Items and set them on the desk of course im not going to keep every thing all bunched together with no wire management just thought it would make a great picture

2.0 Macbook core 2 duo
DUAL 1.8 G5
3 X 20 " Apple cinema displays
20" Imac 2.0 core 2 duo
Macbook pro penryn 2.4

Attachments

• PICT0050.JPG
    PICT0050.JPG
    877.7 KB · Views: 1,133

Ronix

macrumors member
Jan 31, 2008
bimmerchop,

Where did you get the wall shelf that has your blu-rays and xbox games in it? Its an interesting concept. By the way sweet setup.

mikenike192

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2008
I love the great setup you have. Truly jealous. I love how you made such great use of your wall, where did u get those awesome shelves, a link would be great.
What is the roll down screen for in the top left corner.

bimmerchop

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2007
Lovin' it man.

Sweet funky bookshelf. Thats my dream bedroom, only with my iMac.:rolleyes:
bimmerchop,

Where did you get the wall shelf that has your blu-rays and xbox games in it? Its an interesting concept. By the way sweet setup.
I love the great setup you have. Truly jealous. I love how you made such great use of your wall, where did u get those awesome shelves, a link would be great.
What is the roll down screen for in the top left corner.
Thanks guys, I got the shelves at IKEA. The roll blind is just for my tiny window, it's a basement room

Well did you get the old school maxwell poster? Thats awesome!:)

I just searched for a decent picture of it online, and used the online rasterbator to print it out

http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.