Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CodeAndBunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Hello All,

I am interested in buying a set of wireless headphones to utilize with my iMac. I would normally use them for speaking on Skype withe friends/family (I don't need a microphone, since I use the built in mic on the iMac), for listening to my iTunes, and streaming video/audio.

I would prefer to buy a wireless pair, but each pair that I've found thus far seems to be made for home audio. I'd like great sound quality for my tunes...any suggestions?

Thanks,
CAB

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
Senns

I have RS136's, you could connect them to a Mac. They come with RCA inputs, but that is easy enough to convert to a mini jack to plug into the mac. They are really comfortable and sound pretty decent (for wireless cans). Wired will always sound better and be cheaper. Do imacs come with bluetooth? If they do, it would be more elegant to use a bluetooth headset. Then you wouldn't need the external antenna. The surround sound on the 136's sounds terrible, it definitely isn't worth paying for it.

Good luck.

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA
The surround sound function does suck, but I never use it anyway. You do need to get an RCA converter. I got one cheaper than that locally at a discount department store. I've never tested them with Skype, but if you're seriously considering these, I can try it hehe.

I agree that bluetooth headphones would be a plus, but only if you don't use a bluetooth mouse. The Motorola S805 Bluetooth 2.0 are probably more suitable, and work with Skype for sure.

CodeAndBunny

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
I have RS136's, you could connect them to a Mac. They come with RCA inputs, but that is easy enough to convert to a mini jack to plug into the mac. They are really comfortable and sound pretty decent (for wireless cans). Wired will always sound better and be cheaper. Do imacs come with bluetooth? If they do, it would be more elegant to use a bluetooth headset. Then you wouldn't need the external antenna. The surround sound on the 136's sounds terrible, it definitely isn't worth paying for it.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for this information. I had no idea that I cold get a bluetooth headset for my Mac. Yes, my iMac does come with Bluetooth so I'll definitely take your advice and get a Bluetooth headset. I learn so much from you guys... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.