Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Please keep the comments non political there is a Politics, Religion, Social Issues forum where you are free (assuming you have the required post count) to start a thread regarding the political side of gun ownership if you wish.

I have now created a specific thread The Political/Social side of "firearm collection pictures!" for you.

I wanted to see how many Mac users are also firearms enthusiasts :) Post pictures of just a few of your favorite guns, or your entire collection.

My pistols

IMG_3314.jpg

My two long guns (and G22)

IMG_3285.jpg

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
Very cool! You seem to be packin some heat there. Unfortunately I only have a BB gun. Maybe sometime here in the future I'll get myself a nice rifle. :)

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Please keep the comments political comments for the PRSI, feel free to start a thread if you wish to talk about those matters.

How much do those guns cost?

amik

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Nice collection. You've got all the major bases covered, now you need to get into 3-gun competitions. I tried glocks but couldn't get used to the grip angle so I've gone with Springfield XD pistols. I love the Ruger 22/45, best plinking gun I've owned. What make is your a-4? Share some specs.

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
I collect military rifles. Here's a few, top to bottom: Yugoslavian M24/47 Mauser in 7.92x57mm, Yugoslavian M59/66 SKS in 7.62x39mm, 1943 British Enfield No.4 Mk.1 in .303 caliber, Yugoslavian M48A Mauser in 7.92x57mm.

fullcltn_1.jpg

...and here are two of my Russians: on top, 1944 M-38 carbine in 7.62x54R, and 1945 M-44 carbine in the same caliber.

crb2.jpg

I don't shoot very often, but I use all surplus ammunition when I go out. It can be an expensive hobby; I haven't been collecting for a couple years as I am now a poor graduate student. :eek:

Reactions: BigMcGuire

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Yes shu82, my rifle is an AR-15. Both you and Bobdude161 should buy a rifle or two :)

amik, I tried an XD a few times...they are nice guns, but I didn't really like the trigger that much. I really love my 22/45 also, I really needed a .22 and this is what I decided to get. I purchased my 22/45 and Glock 27 on the same day :eek:

I would like to try some shooting competition, but I can't really afford much ammo right now, part of the reason I bought my Ruger. I have thought about reloading, but I am still not sure if I am going to pick it up. I might buy a press and start learning how to reload later this year.

My AR-15 carbine is made from an LMT upper, lower, and bolt carrier group, and sight. I think the rail is a samson, and the grip is an Ergo grip. The rail covers, and the magazines pictured are made by Magpul.

Lord Blackadder, I really like your rifles, and I think I like your Yugo Mauser that is on the bottom the best. However, you really need a Garand! I have thought of buying a Mosin-nagant, but my most favorite WWII rifle is of course the Garand.

xUKHCx, thank you for the friendly reminder to posters about political comments; I was hoping that I wouldn't have to reply to any of those :cool:

My Glocks cost around $550 each, my Ruger 22/45 was around $280, the Remington 870 was a little over $300, and my AR-15 was a little over $1000.

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
Ever been to AR15.com? This thread will be EPIC, perhaps not as epic as the lootie thread (the one where someone found him), but not bad.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Yes, I have been to ar15.com It is ok but there seems to be a lot of jerks also. I like reading m4carbine.net the best for my AR related information. thefiringline.com is a pretty good forum as well.

however, they all pale in comparison to what is the most awesome and uber cool forum, known as glocktalk!!! :D

Full of Win

macrumors 68030
Nov 22, 2007
Ask Apple
I have a few guns...and I have my own private range on a quarter section of land. Hope you don't think I'm showing off or something, but hey you asked for them.

Note: This is a Bushmaster AR10, not 15. Its a very low number - before they had to stop calling it the BAR-10 and before they stopped making them.
22934030_UyM9A-L-1.jpg

22933817_2BkJc-L-1.jpg

22741910_QyeeP-L-1.jpg

65812176_cnLGo-L.jpg

112055387_4p5Em-L.jpg

22741864_eeziQ-L-1.jpg

22733164_z4Kb9-L.jpg

22733139_KTJHf-L-2.jpg

21539152_Jnebq-L.jpg

amik

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
Nice FNs! You must have quite some range to make use of that .50.

How do you like your sig? My only experience is with a p226 and it was wonderful.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Very nice! What caliber is your AR, .308? I like your pistols too, but mostly the G17 :D :cool:

Wish I had a PS90...

tr0jan

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2008
those guns are real, aren't they?
can you buy this big guns without a "special" permission?

im asking, because im from austria.. its not so "normal" to have weapons here, especially big guns like this ones.. also i think its not allowed to have such big guns (in austria)..

best regards,

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
Hmm. Somebody likes their 5.7mm...

I've never had the opportunity to shoot .50BMG, though I've watched it done. The ammo costs are a bit scary, and even reloading isn't all that cheap.

I'm not big into handguns, though I'd love to pick up a selection of the common service sidearms of the early 20th century, such as the Colt 1911, Luger P08, Mauser C96, Webley/Enfield revolvers, Nagant 1985 etc.

Nice Krag Full of Win...it's hard to find one that hasn't been sporterized though; I've passed on a few because I'm hoping to find an original.

I don't have any American military rifles yet because the price is so high; even beater M1 carbines are going for over $500 these days. I'd love to get a decent Garand, 03A3 and M1 Carbine though.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Ah, I just noticed you said it was an AR10. Armalite has the trademark for the AR10 name, don't they?

Hey, how do you shoot that .50 without any optics? :p

Yes tr0jan, these are real guns, and no, other than some paperwork there aren't really any hurdles to jump through to purchase firearms.

riscy

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2008
China
No offence, but all the gun pics leave me cold - now the picture of that cute little cat - apparently the diminutive of cat is not allowed (edit)

Me, want :)

Lord Blackadder

macrumors P6
May 7, 2004
Sod off
iCheese said:
Hey, how do you shoot that .50 without any optics?

Not only no optics, no sights at all! You can't aim using just a picatinny rail! :D

Have either of you gentlemen built your ARs from components, or bought them as complete rifles?

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
To OP:

How do you like the Ruger .22? That's a Mark III right?

I have the same guns as you except the Ruger and AR. Glock 22, 27... I love the .40 round. Remington 870 with factory 2 shot extension... same as yours but with a Knoxx stock. Nice choices I must say.

Have you found a decent concealed carry holster for your G27. I have a few but nothing perfect yet.

however, they all pale in comparison to what is the most awesome and uber cool forum, known as glocktalk!!! :D

GlockTalk is cool. My favorite forum of all is http://www.silencertests.com

There are a lot of knowledgeable people there about guns in general, not just silencers. GlockTalk is so big that it's hard to weed out the newbie comments, which get tiresome after a while.

amik

macrumors regular
Dec 11, 2007
To OP:

How do you like the Ruger .22? That's a Mark III right?

His is a 22/45. Different grip angle (same as a 1911). Seriously, it is an amazingly fun gun to plink with. Very accurate, cheap to shoot, almost no recoil, and great for beginners. I taught my wife to shoot with a 22/45 before moving her up to a 9mm.

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I wish I was more of a photo takin' kind of gal back when I had guns. I had a 9mm Glock, an AK-47 and an AR-15, briefly. (all legal) This always trips out my british husband... he thinks yanks and the gun culture is a bit strange. (it is, really)

but nevertheless, I have these lousy old photos...

AR-15
http://up.*************/files/2/BlueUploaderArchive/AR-15.jpg

AK-47
http://upc.*************/uploads/images/B-ak47.png

Other stuff, some of which wasn't mine and I can't remember what was in there:
http://up.*************/files/2/BlueUploaderArchive/gunsin4x4.jpg

my life in the UK is dramatically different so it's always funny to see these photos.

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Yes my 22/45 is a Mark III. Some people complain about the loaded chamber indicator and magazine safety, but for a range gun those things don't bother me all that much. My least favorite aspect about the Ruger is that it is a complete pain compared to strip and reassemble, at least compared to my Glocks. Overall I really like the pistol, it is super fun, and cheap to feed.

Here is my M-Tac for my G22 and G27. It is made by Minotaur holsters, sold through Comp-Tac. I like it a lot, first and only holster I have. I might get a Smart Carry sometime later this year, but for IWB carry the M-Tac is pretty sweet.

MTAC.jpg

iCheese

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Nice guns iBlue, I bet you miss them being in the UK :( Aren't you only allowed to own hunting shotguns in the UK now?

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
Nice guns iBlue, I bet you miss them being in the UK :( Aren't you only allowed to own hunting shotguns in the UK now?
I don't miss them all that much, I wasn't much of an enthusiast. Though those photos make me slightly nostalgic for shooting at old TV's and toilets (which break apart in the most wicked way). :p

I am not 100% on the legalities here but they're strict. Handguns are entirely illegal unless you're a cop (and even they don't all have them) and the sorts that are legal (hunting rifles, yes) are a bit of an ordeal to get. You need to always keep them locked up/unloaded and pay some fee to keep them. Don't quote me on that though, I've never properly looked into it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.