Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The first international developers have started receiving their acceptances into the iPhone Developer Program ($99). We've heard confirmation from readers of the same.

The $99/year iPhone Developer program provides you with a developer certificate which allows you to install your applications onto the physical iPhone for testing. It also allows you to submit your applications to the iTunes App Store for inclusion.

Apple has been slowly ramping up their iPhone Developer program, now extending the program to international developers.

Article Link

Snips

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2008
Suffolk, UK
brilliant!

As I'm a UK based developer, this is brilliant news!

(I haven't got my own acceptance yet though, but at least the door has been opened)

:)

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
I would imagine that registration would be open to any country with an iTunes store since the SDK is for the iPod Touch as well as the iPhone.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
:( I still haven't got my notification and I'm in the US....
No kidding...

I wish I would, as well. I'm actually developing applications, I bet a lot of people that accept it have the intention of learning but will never really gain a great understanding of it...

iBeech

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2008
UK
I got mine through two days ago. Signed up, got full access to the latest 2.0 beta 4 OS as well as running code on my iPhones... it's all good thanks Apple.

Bevz

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2007
UK
This has inspired me, just emailed my interest in the program. I guess i'll be at the end of a very long queue though so i should be registered round about xmas ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.