Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

perp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 2, 2008
when i'm in the movies tab in an ipod, certain videos appear with a blue dot to the left. what does this mean?

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 6,827

Seanasaur

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2007
If you want to get rid of the dot without watching the entire video, right click and choose to mark it as not new.

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
It means its new and you havent watched the whole movie yet. like play count with songs you must watch the whole movie for the blue dot to disappear.

I am pretty sure you just need to listen to about 30 or 45 seconds of a song for the play count to go up...

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
I am pretty sure you just need to listen to about 30 or 45 seconds of a song for the play count to go up...

Nope -- gotta go all the way to the end. And don't just fast forward to the end, must let the last few seconds play. Trust me, hassled with that forever!

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008

Nope -- gotta go all the way to the end. And don't just fast forward to the end, must let the last few seconds play. Trust me, hassled with that forever!

It is different for podcasts and videos. For songs, you have to listen to the end to count as a play. For podcasts, you must listen to the end for the playcount to go up, but you only need to listen for 2 seconds for it to be marked as "not new."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.