Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulMoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
I need to get an all-in-one printer/scanner which also scans slides and negatives... can anyone recommend a good one which works well with Leopard...?

Thanks!

mperkins37

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
I don't know of any all in one solutions that scan negs or slides.
Epson has a few moderately priced scanners that have negative & slide scanning options for less than 600.00.

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
I have a epson rx500 it has built in tray for 35mm sildes and negatives. Works very good. Bought it 2 years ago for 250. I think epson still has a few models with this feature, not sure. Film has gone out the door so fast in the last few years.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
All in ones, unless it's the very expensive ones, do everything medicore, because people typically look for a list of features and low price, not quality of scans, quality of print, cost of media, etc.

PaulMoore

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 3, 2007
All in ones, unless it's the very expensive ones, do everything medicore, because people typically look for a list of features and low price, not quality of scans, quality of print, cost of media, etc.

I understand there's a compromise but since I can't spend an infinite amount of money I'm willing to trade off some functions for cost.

Canon say the only one they make which does slides & negs is the Pixma MP970. Does anyone else have it- and if so do you like it? (And does it work with Leopard??).

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=116&modelid=15481

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.