Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac.

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
UK
Anyone know what font this is?

592px-Man_Utd_FC_.svg.png

Jim Campbell

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2006
A World of my Own; UK
Anyone know what font this is?

-- Man U Shield snipped

Stone Sans in one of its bold varieties, beyond any doubt.

I think it's Stone Sans Semibold, but with a stroke added in a package like Illustrator that's the same colour as the fill, to create a weight that's somewhere between Semibold and proper Bold.

However, it's a big family and I may not have every variant installed, so there may be an 'off the shelf' weight that matches this.

Cheers!

Jim

Mac.

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2008
UK
Stone Sans in one of its bold varieties, beyond any doubt.

I think it's Stone Sans Semibold, but with a stroke added in a package like Illustrator that's the same colour as the fill, to create a weight that's somewhere between Semibold and proper Bold.

However, it's a big family and I may not have every variant installed, so there may be an 'off the shelf' weight that matches this.

Cheers!

Jim
Thanks allot!

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
what font do they use on heroes?

It looks very similar to the Sin City font too. Is it custom made for the show?

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
no sorry - the 'other' font they use for the episode title:

o6cgfa.jpg

similar to this font from Sin City (which i imagine is almost certainly just Frank Miller's handwriting):

ac9cf5c3b60d0f7af7cd565b64bb17ec.18547.jpeg

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
whilst i'm thinking about it, can anyone help me with this one. It's the typewriter font from the X-Files:

cap001.jpg

Is it just bog standard courier?

(Bonus 10 points to the person that can name the episode this is taken from!)

EDIT: i think its the same font as this one if it's any clearer:

cap020.jpg

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
The one I provided an example of is certainly not Gill Sans. I had to use Gill Sans as a corporate font for the best part of five years and know it inside out. Whether that's a good thing or not is entirely another question. :D

Take a look at the cap R. ;)

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
The one I provided an example of is certainly not Gill Sans. I had to use Gill Sans as a corporate font for the best part of five years and know it inside out. Whether that's a good thing or not is entirely another question. :D

Take a look at the cap R. ;)

Heroes also use some font from here.

My other guess would be Avant Garde Md BT or Furtura Md BT for the Heroes logo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.