Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
Anybody had your Safari screen look like THIS before? Only thing I changed on my system today was turning on some Greek and Japanese fonts in Suitcase to work on a project in several different languages.

What the....??

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
heh, that's pretty outrageous, man. did you try changing your language settings back? and the classic repair permissions?

btw, here is a more convenient jpg for people who prefer that:

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
thanks for the JPG alternative, SF. No, haven't tried closing those fonts jet. It's just been on a few web pages. Most are OK. Apple's site is especially alllllll f'd up.

Man, I'm startin' to hate this translation project. 13 languages in all.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
Re: Check this monster out...

Originally posted by mangoman
Anybody had your Safari screen look like THIS before? Only thing I changed on my system today was turning on some Greek and Japanese fonts in Suitcase to work on a project in several different languages.

What the....??
Hmmmm, if I'm not mistaken, that looks like it might just be the binary language of moisture evaporators....

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
i used to have this exact problem with Mail. all my mail would come to me like this and my Language setting seemed to be fine too. i used to copy and paste it into Text Edit and change the font or do something weird to read it. pain in the ass, dont remember how i got rid of it though. but yeah, exact same thing.

mangoman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 27, 2002
Second Floor
Originally posted by Stike
Looks like you´re... OUTNUMBERED!
:D

Sorry!! *huahhaahah*

Originally posted by Fukui
Hmmmm, if I'm not mistaken, that looks like it might just be the binary language of moisture evaporators....

If I wanted the smartass remarks, I would've titled the Subject appropriately.

Fukui

macrumors 68000
Jul 19, 2002
If I wanted the smartass remarks, I would've titled the Subject appropriately.
Sorry, uncle owen made me do it. :)

Anyways... "Check this Monster" sounded funny to me, sorry. :(

idkew

macrumors 68020
Re: Check this monster out...

What the....??

you messed with your fonts. you now have helvetica fractions being displayed instead of helvitca roman...

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002

Eat my crusty undies.

eww, dude! thats gross!

Though...I must ask...

How in the hell did they get crusty? Do you have the clap?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.