Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RojoLeo

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2007
Austin, TX
Do you need that browser window to take your whole screen on the 20" screen? :confused:

Dude I constantly have my browser window take up my whole screen on my 20" monitor at work, and even a lot of times on my 24" at home. Just a personal preference.

Qwest905

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2007
verry beat up and messy desk
img1654mn3.jpg

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles
Well since I have more free time, I would post my desktop. As you can see currently I am in the job market, and such a horrible time.

I swear my desktop looks like a teenagers desk from all those toys. Most I got from gifts by people because they now I love anime. The Snape doll was from my coworker giving it to me when Half Blood Prince came out telling me that infamous quote. I really need to paint my room now that I look at this picture, nice green moss.

desktop copy.jpg

ae.alias

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2007
Well since I have more free time, I would post my desktop. As you can see currently I am in the job market, and such a horrible time.

I swear my desktop looks like a teenagers desk from all those toys. Most I got from gifts by people because they now I love anime. The Snape doll was from my coworker giving it to me when Half Blood Prince came out telling me that infamous quote. I really need to paint my room now that I look at this picture, nice green moss.

that monitor looks tiny when you see the mac pro, what size is it? nice setup though

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
that monitor looks tiny when you see the mac pro, what size is it? nice setup though

Well, first of all, I would assume that he's in the design business, judging from the absolute beast on his desk. ;)

I'm guessing a 20 incher though.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

I'm guessing a 20 incher though.[/QUOTE]Ok I'm going to ask...wtf has happened to your window blinds and your mouse?! And in LA that MacPro sitting so far on the edge of that desk is just asking for trouble!

Well, first of all, I would assume that he's in the design business, judging from the absolute beast on his desk. ;)

People don't have to be in the design business to own such a computer. It shouldn't be a natural assumption. ;)

brguitarist

macrumors member
May 24, 2007
New Jersey

How did you get the iBook to utilize the external screen like that? Mine just mirrors.

I'm kinda curious now too. The specs for the last iBook rev. say:
"VGA video output for video mirroring on an external display or projector (24-bit color) with included Apple VGA Display Adapter."

How is that working?

buyusfear

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2007
I really want to get a larger secondary display. Extra screen real-estate is money! pun intended :)

IMG_8978.jpg

IMG_8971.jpg

IMG_8979.jpg

hmai18

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2008
Screen Spanning Doctor will do it. It voids the warranty I believe. I used it with my iBook for about a year when I still had it.

I've had Screen Spanning Doctor running since I got my iBook three years ago. I can't work productively without the extended desktop support, and nothing bad has happened in the time that I've owned the machine.

mogzieee

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2008
London, UK
All in there is in no particular order...

iPhone 8GB, Classic 80GB, Nano 1GB, Nano 8GB, 4 iPod docks (3 shown), dual dock, iphone dock (not shown), Bose companion 5's, Apple wireless keyboard and mighty mouse, 20" iMac, 12" powerbook, iPhone BT headset, Xbox 360 and HD Drive, Samsung 32" LCD, Sony Amp/cd deck/tuner, Time capsule 500GB, BT Home Hub, speakers normal phone etc. and of course Apple poster from about 1999? i believe.

Cheers,

Mark.

Christ, Mark!

I have two questions for you... what is your job, and how do you do it?

lol

Pili

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2005
Orlando/Miami, FL
My setup when I'm home from school. Mac Pro is a 2.8 octo with the 8800gt and the display is a dell 2407. The lappy is my old powerbook g4 which is still going strong.

Attachments

• HomeSetup7.jpg
    HomeSetup7.jpg
    504.6 KB · Views: 603

Mark-Mac-Attack

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2007
England
Christ, Mark!

I have two questions for you... what is your job, and how do you do it?

lol

lol, i don't earn a great deal, apple stuff has got to stop though as baby on the way!.

Good thing is, the mrs has a Macbook 2.4ghz, so baby will grow up with nothing but Mac's.

Now that is :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

kitki83

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2004
Los Angeles

Yes, its a 19in but I have my 26in LCD tv hooked up if I need more room. I am considering getting second monitor because spaces is great but its a b#(% with dreamweaver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.