Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Hey all, I am pretty new to macworld. I bought the 2.8 Ghz dc iMac on 2/24 from the Apple online store. I also upgraded the ram to 4 gigs, and added a few other custom options(which is why it took 3 days to ship.)

So it shipped on 2/27 and since then, the tracking info has been stuck. Can someone help me out and tell me what it means? Is my computer stuck in Reno?

[img=http://img260.imageshack.us/img260/2646/picture3gz5.th.jpg]

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
That's interesting. I have a package from apple that has also been "in transit" to Reno since the 29th.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Huh, I wonder if this is normal. I will try calling FedEx but I know they will not be too helpful. My computer is also due by today and if it doesn't come by today or tomorrow I will be livid considering I am leaving for vacation on Thursday.

Are there any experienced mac users out there that have experienced this same issue? Is it a non-issue that I am getting anxious about for no reason? Thanks a lot.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Seh80, please keep my posted as to whether or not your computer arrives today. I will do the same for you.

dbam987

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2007
I believe you have nothing to worry about. Its just that FedEx's online tracking is a bit funky. I had a similar experience with them back in August of last year. Your orders will be delivered.

seh80

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
Chicago, IL USA
Seh80, please keep my posted as to whether or not your computer arrives today. I will do the same for you.

Will do! Hopefully they will both show up.

I have noticed Fed Ex tracking getting progressively worse over the past two years. It used to be great fun :p to watch a package make 10 stops ... and now I am lucky if I see it make any at all, other than "billing info received" and "delivered." This package seems somewhat different though as it left a hub like 5 days ago and hasn't updated since.

Rntunvs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
I called FedEx. Apparently this is normal with FedEx Ground. The guy said that my computer will be at the local Fedex location by tonight and will be delivered tomorrow before noon. Apparently between the package driving from Reno, til when it gets to Boston, it is just sitting in the back of a truck, meaning that it is not scanned during that whole time. It's still a little disappointing that it will come on the last possible day when apple said it would arrive anywhere between the 28th and tomorrow, and FedEx said it will arrive today. Oh well

Prost264

macrumors newbie
Feb 29, 2008
Could you let us know what the tracking says tomorrow? I'm in basically the same situation and getting nervous because I have to leave late Thursday for a week.

seh80

macrumors 6502
Sep 2, 2005
Chicago, IL USA
I wanted to report back that my package finally became unstuck, and it looks like it will deliver tomorrow. A day after both Apple and Fed Ex promised it, which wouldn't bother me except that I paid for faster shipping. If it doesn't come tomorrow I'll have to call apple and get some of that shipping charge back.

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Same here. The package arrived today, on time. Tracking begin working once it arrived at the local distribution point. It appears that the Reno location was just not reporting stats for that leg.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
FedEx ground "tracking" is no better than USPS delivery confirmation. Basically it shows scan at origin, then "out for delivery" and nothing in between. Ive gotten things from Apple overnighted, 2 day air, and ground. Overnight shows detailed scan info from origin to destination. 2 day air is a little less detailed, but still shows multiple scans while in transit. Ground typically shows nothing from the point its scanned until it hits the destination city, then all the in-transit scans seem to appear. Regardless which shipping option Ive choosen, tracking always says "expected delivery on X day" and its always delivered when it should be.

marioblackman23

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2008
sorry for restarting this thread but im just curious to know if this has happened to anybody else of recently. I Just ordered a refurb MBP from apple and its been in RENO NV from since the 3rd expected delivery is the 8th has this been the norm for anyone else

imacericg

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2007
I had the same issue with my refurb being stuck "in transit" from Reno for several days. It finally showed up on the radar 6:30 the morning it was scheduled to arrive.

It did arrive on time, but it would be nice to track huh?

imac123

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2008
hmm mine still says
9:49 AM

Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA

and its been like that since saturday :eek:
supposed to be delivered tmrw

Enuratique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008
sorry for restarting this thread but im just curious to know if this has happened to anybody else of recently. I Just ordered a refurb MBP from apple and its been in RENO NV from since the 3rd expected delivery is the 8th has this been the norm for anyone else

Yeah, mine's been "stuck" in Reno, NV since Saturday - it's due to arrive tomorrow. I'm gonna go on faith that FedEx has been in business long enough to know how long it takes a package to get from California to Virginia. As someone else has said, I'm guessing it got onto a truck in Reno and has been in that truck since Saturday and hasn't been scanned since. Still, you have to figure FedEx has GPS trackers on all their fleet - which could be integrated into their system without too much trouble.

hellohackers

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2008
grr.

i ordered my MBP refurb on the 6th, was shipped on the 7th. original expected delivery was the 13th. the morning of the 8th, the exp.del changed to the 9th. great! i was stoked. :D

now the exp.del is gone!:eek: also, it's been in transit from reno since the morning of the 8th!!! what!?!?!:confused:

i called fedex and they said it was going to be delivered the 9th but they missed it, so its going to be the 13th.
also, i was told they dont operate on mondays. BS!:mad: they do too.

i'd be ok if it had said the 13th the whole time... but they got my hopes up

ben

on a side note, the applecare came pretty fast... too bad i dont have anything for it to insure. :/:(

RandiC

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2008
Are there any experienced mac users out there that have experienced this same issue? Is it a non-issue that I am getting anxious about for no reason? Thanks a lot.[/QUOTE]

So if your an experienced mac user that makes you a Fed-ex tracking expert? I didn't know that........ where can you sign up for these shipping and tracking classes?

crockett

macrumors member
Apr 20, 2008
I had the same issue with Fedex when mine was shipped. They didn't update the tracking for 4 days. I called them asking what was up because my dilevery date was orginally supposed to be the 3rd then it switched to the 6th. They told me they don't always scan and update the webpage.

VoodooDaddy

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2003
If you opt for FedEx ground dont expect to see much if any movement on the tracking page from the day of shipping until the expected day of delivery. Rest assured though, its in transit.

robf3

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2008
why is my fedex tracking not working

I ordered on the 10th from online store with fedex ground,estimated delivery by the 16th anyone from Massachusetts order and how long did it take to receive.
thanks

gibboIU

macrumors member
May 18, 2008
Richmond, VA
Unfortunately I am experiencing this right now. Fedex tracking has been stuck "in transit" for the last 2 days. The expected delivery date was yesterday, but apparently its not going to be here until tomorrow or the next day. A four day difference is huge. Way to go Fedex.

I was so excited to get it, waited all day, and then had my dreams crushed when they didn't show. The next two days are going to be sooooo long.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.