Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BoffeyMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Hi

heres the problem i used Ziphone to jailbreak my ipod touch all went ok however i wasn't able to customize the home screen so decided to revert back to 1.1.4 however i am still not able to customize the home screen I've tried everything

holding Home Button And Power Button putting it into restore mode and trying to restore tried re jail breaking using Ziphone to see it fixed the problem to no avail.

Also i cannot create webclips.

Any Help Appreciated.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
ok just so you know restoring and putting in recovery will not help.

heres the steps to customizing the homescreen plus getting webclips.

oh yeh jailbreak your touch before doing this other wise your stuck.

customizing:

EDIT: make sure all themes and summerboard are removed before hand (official site states this)

with community sources installed in installer go to tweaks 1.1.3 and install SUID Lib Fix, next install summerboard from the system catergory and exit installer. When at the home screen open summerboard then close it.

reboot your touch by powering it completely off then on again (makes summerboard active), next go to utilities category in installer and install customize, exit installer then load customize up and close it (this creates a theme entry for summerboard to point to), now go to summerboard and then themes and click choose customize. Now it should be plain sailing from here, go to customize again then theme browser and browse away, most themes come with a preview image so you can see them before you download the theme to touch.

webclips:

right well this is simple you dont have the january update with the mail, stocks, weather etc. add the following source: http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

when soucres have refreshed after adding, go to install then look for a category called iPod Touched and then install iPhone apps + wiggle and now you can webclip to your hearts content

BoffeyMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 15, 2008
Thanks A Bunch

ok just so you know restoring and putting in recovery will not help.

heres the steps to customizing the homescreen plus getting webclips.

oh yeh jailbreak your touch before doing this other wise your stuck.

customizing:

with community sources installed in installer go to tweaks 1.1.3 and install SUID Lib Fix, next install summerboard from the system catergory and exit installer. When at the home screen open summerboard then close it.

reboot your touch by powering it completely off then on again (makes summerboard active), next go to utilities category in installer and install customize, exit installer then load customize up and close it (this creates a theme entry for summerboard to point to), now go to summerboard and then themes and click choose customize. Now it should be plain sailing from here, go to customize again then theme browser and browse away, most themes come with a preview image so you can see them before you download the theme to touch.

webclips:

right well this is simple you dont have the january update with the mail, stocks, weather etc. add the following source: http://ipodtouched.net/repo.xml

when soucres have refreshed after adding, go to install then look for a category called iPod Touched and then install iPhone apps + wiggle and now you can webclip to your hearts content

This is great, will try this tonight.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.