Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MYRZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Holland
Dear Mac-fans,

Since 29 feb. this year I am the proud and very statisfied user of my MacBook Pro 17'', my first Apple computer. (I'll never buy anything else again)

So I tried to use Boot Camp some time ago, and installed Vista on it, and it worked actually pretty good. I used it mainly to use Internet Explorer, to test my website's, because I'm a Webdeveloper. But I also used it to play games.

Then one day, Windows crashed. I guessed that my partition was too small in the first place when installed the windows partition, but i don't really know.

So I formatted the windows partition, and tried to reinstall boot camp, which told me "Verification failed. This disk could not be partitioned. Use Disk Utitilty to repair this disk." So i launched Disk Utility, which brought me to the the error to be seen in the attached screenshot.

I guess i'm a bit out of options right now. I don't know what to do next... help???

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    1 MB · Views: 479

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Ditch Windows. You don't need it.

Seriously, though, I guess the next thing would be to reformat the whole HD. But I'm probably not the one to ask, since I've never used Boot Camp.

MYRZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Holland
Ditch Windows. You don't need it.

When IE has less then 40% of browser usage share, and games like GTA IV will come to Mac as well (both could be become true within 5 years or something), i'll ditch windows any day...

But untill then...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.