Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

squeeks

macrumors 68040
Jun 19, 2007
Florida
thats so tacky, why would you ruin the resale value of your notebook by putting stickers on it?

billmister

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
i think it looks hot.. to be honest i don't hav any stickers on mine. BUT on my WD external i have a sticker of the apple sticker on one side and a Koral Jiu Jitsu sticker on the other side...

At work people come in with MBP's with stickers on them.. either surving, or skatboarding, etc.. I think it looks really good, BUT i don't know if i want to change the appearance of PRo to a cool laptop.

Same goes for my car. I have a 335i bmw, and keeping it stock it looks luxurious, BUT i'm the type of person that likes to personalize the car a bit (MOD) so that takes a way from the luxury and makes it appear either meaner or just different. I feel same goes for laptop.

PS-I'm NOT trying to show off by saying bmw, i'm just proveing a point.

Underworld

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
i went for this

IMG_7279.jpg

and just love it !! :D

i think it works for protection and style !!

u think ?

raymondu999

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2008
This one's not really about a Mac with a sticker, but I saw this dude the other day, with a Samsung laptop, which was grey in color (but the grey was a shade that was quite similar to the aluminum of MacBook Pro/Air. You know those Apple stickers that you get with most apple products? He probably took the one from his iPod and stuck it on the cover. From afar, it looked like a macBook of sorts, until you went up close and the Samsung brand wrecked it (not saying they're crap.. it's just... he gave you false hopes of seeing a MacBook Air/Pro):p

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
I'll be putting a few on mine when i get it, Skate stickers etc.

Im also designing a sticker that has a cutout for the logo, as i think it would look cool:cool:

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I considered putting stickers on, but it's hard to remove once it's on. I do have an InvisibleShield which I guess is giant sticker?

Underworld

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
I considered putting stickers on, but it's hard to remove once it's on. I do have an InvisibleShield which I guess is giant sticker?

some stickers are made to be removed .. using 3M sticky glow

yes might leave residue but still can be removed ...

:D

i likes the invisible shields but they cost much more than the skin which is only 15$ ;)

kockgunner

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2007
Vancouver, Canada
i think it looks hot.. to be honest i don't hav any stickers on mine. BUT on my WD external i have a sticker of the apple sticker on one side and a Koral Jiu Jitsu sticker on the other side...

At work people come in with MBP's with stickers on them.. either surving, or skatboarding, etc.. I think it looks really good, BUT i don't know if i want to change the appearance of PRo to a cool laptop.

Same goes for my car. I have a 335i bmw, and keeping it stock it looks luxurious, BUT i'm the type of person that likes to personalize the car a bit (MOD) so that takes a way from the luxury and makes it appear either meaner or just different. I feel same goes for laptop.

PS-I'm NOT trying to show off by saying bmw, i'm just proveing a point.

yeah especially considering how apple only has a few but distinct models. i once saw 6 students in the library with laptops -- ALL werewhite macbooks. a little personalisation is good.

Underworld

macrumors member
May 7, 2008
SomeLandٍ
But the IS protects against cuts! I've tried it already; cut heals kind of after a few hours.

yes u r right !
but i think having a skin would make cooler since i protect from scratches too but not cuts !!

man u better watch for u toy, seems u work in rough environment :D

billmister

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
Far from it chap!

I whacked a Merc AMG badge on my M3 and increased it's re-sale value three-fold - some people eh!?! :rolleyes:

p.s. That was sarcasm!!

I debadged mine.... For the once that don't know debadged, I took the 335i badge of my car. badges, when my engine is tuned :D

Queen of Spades

macrumors 68030
May 9, 2008
The Iron Throne
Not all sticker jobs look bad, in fact, I've been recently convinced to do it to my own laptop. I've been designing some stickers myself, some original, some remakes. Once I have the finished product, I will post a picture. I have a best skins ever on my laptop, so if I ever get tired of it or want to sell it, I can just pull 'em off.

I'm a little sick of the plain old apple look that everyone and their mother has.

This group is interesting for some ideas/inspiration. There are some really rad looking designs:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/laptopstickers/

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
Not really sure what you are saying, I focused in on the vinyl, the rest is out of focus. The vinyl has that "carbon fiber" look to it, which I hate, but too cheap to get another one, as they are +$8 on ebay.

Solid black or white would look better.

erikistired

macrumors 6502
Apr 21, 2006
(770)
thats so tacky, why would you ruin the resale value of your notebook by putting stickers on it?

you can remove stickers, and also the residue if you use the correct method(s).

besides, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. at least that's how the old saying goes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.