Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A company called XSKN has revealed a case design described as an "iPhone 3G" case. The 3G version of the case is shown here, followed by the Original iPhone case:

111658-1384_disc_400.jpg

111436-1361_disc_400.jpg

The differences are slight, but correspond to the leaked specs given to case manufacturers. It also appears to be slightly thicker which was also previously claimed. The image of the iPhone itself appears to be a stock photo of the original iPhone, so no conclusions can be drawn from the icons and interface seen.

Article Link

bigjnyc

macrumors 604
Apr 10, 2008
i havent heard anything either, i think they are sticking with the original iphone forever :rolleyes:

Lershac

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA USA
Clues

Good I could do with a little rounder back... makes more contact with the hand. The current model I find I only contact the edges when I hold it.

Also notice on this case the enlarged opening around the ear speaker... for sensors/camera?

DMann

macrumors 601
Jan 13, 2002
3G iPhone

Seems to have a larger chin than the original - screen seems smaller - hopefully, colors are optional, as they would cheapen the overall appearance of the elegant design.

Klaxons2012

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
That's great that we have form factor and everything, but how about we get a more attractive case maker to leak some dimensions, eh? It's like this iPhone is the lost member of the Fantastic Four.

RyanFromQA

macrumors member
May 15, 2008
I wouldn't say it's overly fat, the pics are of a silicone-backed case it would seem, so that's a good deal thicker for one. Second of all, you can get an idea of the thickness of the case from this shot:
exo_case.jpg

Notice the silence switch. That's one thick case. Nevertheless, I wouldn't take these pictures at much more than face value: crappy renders from an obscure accessory mfg.

This, along with
http://www.vajacases.com/images/mobile/apple/iphone_3g/form_en.html
tells us what we already know. There's an iPhone 3G coming, and it's different enough that it's going to require a new case.

krye

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2007
USA
The larger opening on the top also lends credence to the rumors of a front-enabled camera for 2-way video conferencing! Woo Hoo!

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
Although I doubt that Apple would give details of the 3G iPhone to a random company, who then, if this is real, screwed up, there has been previous rumors of details of the new iPhone handed to case companys, and the pics do look like what has been rumored, so I cant be sure really.

Although, like I said, its all just rumors anyway, we will have to wait until WWDC to see for sure.

Swinny

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2002
Oxford, UK
Still no light for the camera then? Even a crappy LED is better than nothing, and has been a standard feature on most "multimedia" phones for a good few years (my last 4 camera phones have all had a basic light of some kind).

I realise that the camera is possibly the least important part of the whole device (and using a phone camera for any kid of decent shot is fooldhardy anyway), but even so, this seems an oversight to me.

Still getting one though! Hard to make out much from these cases in terms of the actual phone though (if this is real).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.