Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DM3

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
ISSUE: When I turn on the iPhone the "slide to unlock" option is visible, but the slider does not move.

FIX: Press the program button on the bottom of the device. Once the "slide to unlock" option appears, use your finger to slide the "arrow" object to the right, then immediately press the program button on the bottom of the device and the unlock keypad will appear.

scramjet

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2007
slide to unlock & slide to answer fixed after rebooting

i couldn't unlock the phone or answer calls as the slide feature stopped working. after rebooting (hold the bottom "home" key and the top key together) everything worked fine.

NCang

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2007
North Carolina
I had the same problem with the "slide to unlock" feature not responding. After a reboot (thanks for the suggestion!), it's working again. This is the ONLY problem I have encountered so far with my iPhone.

iuryrusso

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
Still need help

That fix hasnt worked for me. That problem its really terrible, I can't answer calls!

Here are some information about my device, and what I already tried:
Problem: Sometimes iPhone's "Slide to Unlock" screen not responding.

Temporary solution: Pushing the power button twice and fast make the screen start responding. But then it cancels the call, so I cant aswer it...

About this iPhone:
16GB version;
Unlocked with Ziphone;
Firmware 1.1.4;
Bootloader 3.9 (downgraded from 4.6 with Ziphone);

I already tried:
3 or 4 times I restored and unlocked with Ziphone, another using iPlus and once with iLiberty. Tried flashing the bootloader, upgrading and downgrading from 3.9 to 4.6. Sometimes I also removed and inserted the chip.

I made a video of the problem, here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZHxJRg_kE

Any real solutions?
Thanks for reading this.

iuryrusso

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
:mad: :( Hi iuryrusso. I have exactly the same problem. I haven't found the solution. Do you have how to solve the problem? If I know some fix I'll let you

Still no answer. I hope firmware 2.0 solves our problem! Im currently living with the headphones on (so I can answer calls using it).

Ajaredic

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
Any news on this? Any solution? I am losing my mind, repaired my iPhone 5-6 times and still the same problem...

iuryrusso

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
Any news on this? Any solution? I am losing my mind, repaired my iPhone 5-6 times and still the same problem...

Same here!
I'm really thinking in putting my iPhone back in its box and start using my old phone!! My phone bill has duplicated (since I have to call people that called me while I couldn't unlock)!

Ajaredic

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2008
I have noticed when I have compared it to another iPhone that the on/off button is somewhat shorter, maybe it is hardware flaw? Can you compare yours too?

iuryrusso

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2008
Solved.

How? went to an Apple Store and replaced it.

Loving my new iPhone that can answer calls.

Bye!

almathoun

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2008
my iphon not working

When I turn on the iPhone the "slide to unlock" option is visible, but the slider does not move.

pls help

lawgalnet

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2009
Fix for locked phone

Hold down both the power button (top right of phone) and the control button at the bottom of the screen. if you hold them together for about 10 seconds the phone completely shuts off. this creates a hard reboot (you may need to turn the phone back on manually by pressing the power button as you normally would to turn on the phone)

It may take up to 5 minutes to reload the phone.

This worked for me. I was told that an unlocked/jailbroken phone is unstable so you can get locked out sometimes.

dworak

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2010
if you need help

offert.png

Any questions? Just write service@gps.pol.pl

jif

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Ipone Unlock

If you not enough money then don't try it yourself, because Iphone unlock is not so easy, its very risky job, Any mistake can damage it. Try to find any Best iphone unlocker, Are follow me and Try Iphone Unlocking Software That i found best for me, its easy, less time-taking and eas:)y to understand.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.