Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acearchie

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2006
Ok thought I would dig up this old old old post! And ask whether people were still folding and what sort of performance they were getting...

Me personally Im on a PS3 and getting about 0.01158 S/Frame and 150.03 NS/Day

Everybody else?

Thanks

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
Ok thought I would dig up this old old old post! And ask whether people were still folding and what sort of performance they were getting...

Me personally Im on a PS3 and getting about 0.01158 S/Frame and 150.03 NS/Day

Everybody else?

Thanks

I started back on it again last week, and just made it back into the top 1k for the MR team. However, I don't like running my systems 24/7, so I expect my contribution will slow down. Not sure what kind of performance I am getting.

gotzero

macrumors 68040
Jan 6, 2007
Mid-Atlantic, US
I am running a C2D mini that I use a home server 24/7, and getting good SMP performance out of it, and a C2D MBP during most of the week since I got an EEE that I take with me to work instead every day.

I requested to get my work machines online, but that has not gotten anywhere so far.

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
I have a plan

everyone go out and buy a new folding rig and maybe we could keep bitGAMER at bay for a while longer, as it is we have about 30 more days at #58 position :( which we have held for most of this year. Oh well, maybe not :eek: The good news is in about 84 days we should overtake Portugal@Folding which will put us back in the 58th spot :D

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
That's amazing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong…. my 2.4 macbook is only getting ~500 points per WU (which takes ~30 hours to complete!).

-d

SciFrog

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2008
That's amazing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong…. my 2.4 macbook is only getting ~500 points per WU (which takes ~30 hours to complete!).

-d

Do you have a passkey?
Do you meet the bonus requirements? 30 hours is a little slow but not that much.

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
No to both of you. I simply installed the client that goes in the system preferences pane, then inCrease.

-d

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I would advise you to use the terminal client. It's really not hard. Then you can give parameters like -advmethods so you'll get a bonus with your passkey

Tharian

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2009
Sounds good. My only question about the passkey is whether I can use it on my ps3 as well. I want to combine the ps3 and macbook under the same point total.

I'll uninstall inCrease after it finishes the 3 day WU I have now. Apparently it's worth 1500 points or so. Project 6041.

Thanks for the insight from you two. I really appreciate it!

-d

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
Sounds good. My only question about the passkey is whether I can use it on my ps3 as well. I want to combine the ps3 and macbook under the same point total.

I'll uninstall inCrease after it finishes the 3 day WU I have now. Apparently it's worth 1500 points or so. Project 6041.

Thanks for the insight from you two. I really appreciate it!

-d

you can have your username on the ps3 and macbook. i'm not sure about the passkey - i haven't tried putting in my passkey on my ps3.

i'm now curious as to what computers are able to get a bonus with the new smp units? i've got an old white macbook that might be worth a try - 2.16 ghz C2D. its not that fast, but maybe i can get something out of it

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Yo teammates

I would like to thank everyone who is participating with team MacRumors whether you are doing 100 ppd or over 10k ppd and congrats to those hitting milestones!

We have more than 20 active members with over 1 million points, congrats to you!

There are about 10 inactive members with over 1 million points, come on back guys we need you!

Thanks to everyone,
whiterabbit

twoodcc

macrumors P6
Feb 3, 2005
Right side of wrong
I would like to thank everyone who is participating with team MacRumors whether you are doing 100 ppd or over 10k ppd and congrats to those hitting milestones!

We have more than 20 active members with over 1 million points, congrats to you!

There are about 10 inactive members with over 1 million points, come on back guys we need you!

Thanks to everyone,
whiterabbit

yeah i agree. thanks to those that are folding! we gotta keep it up! and for those that used to fold, and aren't anymore, please start up again if you can!

and for those that getting new mac pros, why not give folding a go? it's a very good cause!

lordonuthin

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

-d

Not doing anything wrong you just dont have the high power (read expensive) hardware that some have but your contribution is still appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.