Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LewisG18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Yesterday I shut down my computer. I tried to turn it back on about an hour later an the screen stayed black, I didn't hear any fans or anything happening when I pushed the power button. All I saw was the white LED light on. Nothing else. I have tried the troubleshooting tips on apple and nothing has worked. Anybody know what I could do?

rioting

macrumors member
Jan 21, 2008
I don't know if you have tried this yet, but reset the SMC?

Remove all cables connected to the computer. Take the battery off. Hold the power button for 10 seconds. Reinsert the battery while holding the power button and press the power button again.

Hope that works.

LewisG18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2008
Ive tried all the troubleshooting things like PRAM MSC and stuff, none work.

Yesterday I held down the trackpad and some random buttons on my keyboard and the computer came on. I shut down, same problem and I did the same thing about 5 times and it finally came on. Not sure if im pushing certain keys and it comes on, or im just lucky.

Im using the Macbook from July '06 I believe its the 1st Gen one. Leopard.

My keyboard doesnt have any affect when the screen is off.

When I turn on the comp its like its asleep already. But when I turn it on holding certain buttons down it sometimes just turns on like its normal again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.