Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

California

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 21, 2004
My former, babied, 400mhz overclocked by Daystar to 550mhz Titanium Powerbook has a fried logic board. Can I put a the old low resolution Tibook screen on a 1ghz Tibook body with a higher resolution screen?

Would it just power on at the lower resolution or is this just idiotic? Thanks

Shadow

macrumors 68000
Feb 17, 2006
Probably. I imagine the connectors are the same so it'd just be a matter of replacing the screen.

However, I have no experience with TiBooks at all, this is just a guess.

CaptainChunk

macrumors 68020
Apr 16, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
If the old TiBook was a 400MHz G4, then it's likely a Mercury or perhaps an early Onyx, if memory serves me correctly. These screens are not interchangeable with the 1GHz DVI models. The parts are slightly different, unfortunately.

garydailey

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
My former, babied, 400mhz overclocked by Daystar to 550mhz Titanium Powerbook has a fried logic board. Can I put a the old low resolution Tibook screen on a 1ghz Tibook body with a higher resolution screen?

No, sorry, you can't the 1GHz screens are far different. the inverter won't even light. the general rule on the tibooks, is to check the color of the inverter cable (white/pink vs white/black). If the colors match, then you have a chance.

A lot of companies sell used tibook screens. Try sales@Wegenermedia.com, sales@daystartechnology.com for starts.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.