Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NMAvMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
New mexico
I'm totally new to Apple and that is just because I recently purchased a 30 gig IPOD. I love it but have a few thoughts/ideas which would make it much more marketable for automotive applications. Instead of having to install all these sill mounting brackets which still require you to have to eithe rreach across to change tracks or hit the little a button on teh corded remote why doesn't someone make a cage assembly which houses your IPOD. This assembly interfaces (as an aux device) with the stock head unit on your car stereo system. Then you can use the steering wheel controllers to change tracks etc. Also, the cage assemble could fit into your dash much like a single cd unit or cassette player (but be easily removed via a slide out mount) and teh front of the cage could have an LCD screen which would allow you to also operate the IPOD. In my mind that would make the product much more appealing to hte mass market.

beefcake

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2003
Baltimore
All those things, while technically possible would be model specific, for both the car and the head unit. A more realistic product might be a bigger remote that you can use easily while driving.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.