Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LoCarbHotrod

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
I'm not sure if anyone will believe me, and right now I don't really care. I just feel like I need to share this experience with someone.

I often take my dog for a walk at night, one because his looks terrify people (although he is very friendly), and two because its very peaceful. Anyway, its now 5am, and I just came back from walking him. I walked past the closed down church just around the block from my house, and I heard an Organ being played inside. I just stood there for a few minutes and listened, and the music being played wasn't exactly inviting, it actually sounded quite scary. After a few minutes I asked myself "WTF am I doing? I need to go, now." I was literally looking over my shoulder like every 10 seconds, and was hoping that my pit would protect me from whatever it was that I was being afraid of lol

This is not the first time I walked by this church, nothing like this has ever happened in the past. I am also not Christian, so I don't exactly know when they ring their church bells, or if they play the organ in the wee hours of the morning.

I know this sounds like pure BS, but I was very surprised that I actually experienced something like this. I'm the type of guy who doesn't believe in ghosts, aliens, UFOs, horoscope, etc. etc. so for this to happen to me, I feel like I must share this with someone.

The name of the church is Mount Olivet Methodist Church in Dearborn, Mi.

Thanks for reading

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Those pesky Methodists... :p

I take it by closed down, you just mean locked up for the night and not abandoned/truly closed down? That'd be really rather spooky then... especially if there was actually no organ inside :eek: "If it be a natural thing, where do it come from? Where do it go?" :D

I went on a Ghost Hunt at Guy's Cliffe House February last, and I came away completely convinced that ghosts exist.

Iscariot

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2007
Toronteazy
I went on a Ghost Hunt at Guy's Cliffe House February last, and I came away completely convinced that ghosts exist.

1. I am jealous that you were able to explore such an awe-inspiring location.
  2. I have personally been responsible for several "hauntings". It's easier to do than you'd think, and people who go looking for it want to believe. They want to be haunted.

Father Jack

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2007
Ireland
I believe in ghosts, I have seen two and heard one .. :eek:

Ireland has hundreds of haunted houses, one of the best known is Castle Leslie in County Monaghan.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Both me and Caroline saw a ghost in my room once. I was half asleep and thought I'd left my laptop on. Took a few seconds to sink in that it actually wasn't even there and said "oh ****!" which woke Caroline up and she saw it too. Really strange that.
Used to do meditation as well. I could only do it once I had tidied my room and pushed the chairs under the desk. When I came out of it once my furniture had been rearranged to face me. They were really close to me too, was just a bit eerie. I went out for a walk for a good few hours!
My dads seen loads. He doesn't believe in them either, thinks its all poppycock like.

As for the organ. That could be pretty spooky. Something like that could be faked though, could be an Iscariot running around.

LoCarbHotrod

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 28, 2008
Used to do meditation as well. I could only do it once I had tidied my room and pushed the chairs under the desk. When I came out of it once my furniture had been rearranged to face me. They were really close to me too, was just a bit eerie. I went out for a walk for a good few hours!

Woah! Now thats some scary stuff!

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Woah! Now thats some scary stuff!

It didn't even sink in for a while. I came out of the meditation, walked around a big and noticed I had to move around the chair in the middle of the room. Then it him me. Wasn't scared or anything, I mean I didn't run out the room screaming and shouting!

When I was a kid too, way back in our old house, I could never go into the corner of my bedroom. There was something there for sure. All I remember now is not wanting to go near it. Even got a video of me around 3 years old being mesmerised by something there. :confused: I was a bit of an odd kid!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.