Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
I saw an iphone on ebay..very cheap..and i might buy it

where can i buy a memory card to bump it to 8gb or 16gb and then where does this go into the iphone? is there a guide?

thanks

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
No one makes such a kit that I've come across.

Therefore you would need to cannibalize one from a broken 16GB phone (Increasing the costs dramatically). On top of this you would need to be fairly skilled in soldering. One slip and your phone would go up in smoke.

Not to mention this would void the warranty ... in conclusion ... NO

phannon666

macrumors regular
Feb 1, 2008
Bucks, UK
Urm no, no idea where your friend got that from but he probably wasn't talking about the iPhone. There is no slot, never has, probably never will. When was the last time you saw an iPod with a memory card slot?;)

BradleyGaulden

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2008
well, i really dont think their is a "16 gb sim card" the only thing a sim card does is hold your contacts if you want and it is the "key" to your wireless subscription!:p

imaketouchtheme

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2007
As the person above me stated, a SIM Card is not, in any way, shape, or form, a memory card. It does have a little tiny measly small amount of space to hold about 250 contacts, but that is it. The iPhone only has how much internal memory it has.

touchyphone

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2008
I say if you find a 16gb SIM card, you let me know....

WOW all I can say is wow...what was that Movie Alicia Silverstone did back in the day, Clue something? ;)

avaloncourt

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2007
I say if you find a 16gb SIM card, you let me know....

WOW all I can say is wow...what was that Movie Alicia Silverstone did back in the day, Clue something? ;)

You mean reading this thread is like trying to find meaning in a Pauly Shore movie? :)

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Same SIM card whether it's the 4GB, 8GB, 16GB or 32GB (we'll see on the 32GB). In fact, same SIM card whether it's the iPhone, KRZR, RAZR, Nokia, or Samsung on the AT&T Wireless Network. I have over 400 contacts on my iPhone. :eek:

XMaramena

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2009
Hmm... an interesting concept. Does anyone know if an additional memory space - that could perhaps be plugged into the port at the base where the usb goes? Some sort of iPhone dedicated USB stick?

iSayuSay

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2011
so i cant buy a 16gb sim card?

Wow .. where did you find this 16GB sim card? That is so futuristic! I want one. :rolleyes:
Look .. it's okay if you don't know everything, but not knowing that SIM CARD is not available (yet or never be) with 16GB capacity is ridiculous.

Either you're trolling or living in a cave, man :p

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
Hmm... an interesting concept. Does anyone know if an additional memory space - that could perhaps be plugged into the port at the base where the usb goes? Some sort of iPhone dedicated USB stick?

You've got some mad skills . . . resurrecting a 3 yr old thread, AND asking a ridiculous question at the same time . . .

Texran

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2011
Texas

It's called a computer, iMac preferred.

trapper602

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
I disagree

I completly disagree with everyone..ive opened an iphone before and found a sdcard. so i know it is possible to swap out the sdcard. example u could buy an iphone 8gb and swap it out for a 64gb and save a few hundred

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
I completly disagree with everyone..ive opened an iphone before and found a sdcard. so i know it is possible to swap out the sdcard. example u could buy an iphone 8gb and swap it out for a 64gb and save a few hundred

Whatever you opened, it wasn't an iPhone. No iPhone has a SD card or other removable card except the SIM card.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle

Ummm....no! You did not!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.