Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmy2082

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
last time my friend change my pasword and he forgot ans now I can;t log in to my I-pod touch, anybody got any advice please

donaldj

macrumors 6502
Feb 26, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Im always skeptical about these kinds of questions, see, you could have stolen it from someone who has a password on their iPod.

Just plug it into a computer, pull up iTunes, and hit 'Restore'

timmy2082

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
ok, but as soon as I plug my I-pod touch in to my computer and I open a I tunes the message will pup out
iTunes could not connect to the iPod "timmy's ipod" because it is locked with a passcode. you must ennter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

So what's my next steep in to?

Xenn0X

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2008
ok, but as soon as I plug my I-pod touch in to my computer and I open a I tunes the message will pup out
iTunes could not connect to the iPod "timmy's ipod" because it is locked with a passcode. you must ennter your passcode on the iPod before it can be used with iTunes.

put it in dfu mode and restore with firmware. should get rid of password nag.

timmy2082

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
ok, so how I do that please explain to me if you don;t mind?

do I need any software or...?

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Agreed, but you cannot judge a book by its cover.

I have to say almost always these questions are made by thiefs or those who bought stolen merchandise.

Please, if it were your device with your email, you wouldn't want other people to access it either.

lb623

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
I have never replied here yet, but read these just about everyday. I remember when I was trying to sell my 24" imac last summer being told about scams and such. I posted it on craigslist and received plenty of those emails. I even received a few checks for well over my asking price.

The one thing I noticed was how the people spoke (wrote) their message. There were plenty of typos, and the grammar was strange. Granted, not everyone types with perfect English, especially if it is not their native language, but this post caught my eye because of that. I know you can't judge a book by its cover, but I would be skeptical. See below

"ok, but as soon as I plug my I-pod touch in to my computer and I open a I tunes the message will pup out"

"ok, so how I do that please explain to me if you don;t mind?"

"last time my friend change my pasword and he forgot ans now I can;t log in to my I-pod touch, anybody got any advice please"---This one just seems all wrong. Read it aloud to yourself.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
/\ /\

Very true, especially since this guy has only made 3 posts in his MacRumors life, all in this thread.

MagicWok

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2006
London
Just to get potential thief's nervous - my brother had his iPod Touch stolen a month or so ago.

It's entirely possible that said person could contact Apple/Police for help - asking Apple to notify said person when their iPod is connected up to iTunes and where that location is.

I'm always sceptical of 1 post-in-distress 'members' as they are more often than not, a brainless, stupid low-life chav thief who doesn't know what to do with what they've just stolen.

So hope you like the fact that the serial number _which can not be changed_ is easily logged as is your location.

If you really are legit - which I highly doubt you are despite any repeated protestations to the prior - hope you get it sorted :p

timmy2082

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2008
Wowwwwwww, take it easy bro…don’t just call thief somebody that you don’t even know ok, apologize for any miss spelling because English is my second language.

So I didn’t stole or get for free this I-Pod, I bought and if there is a need for prove I can get you a serial number and you or you buddy that his I-pod got stole can verify with Police.

So I’m really appreciating the help. FYI I’m new in this Forum and its my first time requesting some advice and appreciate the help.

Timmy

lb623

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2007
Then you should be able to call Apple and give them all your info and they can walk you through it

PMB

macrumors 65816
Nov 7, 2007
New York
The answer is in this thread and others, but, i will only tell you to call up apple and have them sort it out for you.

JBROCKS

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...wow...

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA WOW WOW and more WOW:eek: all u have to do is sink or plug u i pod in to u computer!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

mathcolo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2008
Boston

It only gives you that message if you didn't first sync on your own computer.

Total scam.

Kwats

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA WOW WOW and more WOW:eek: all u have to do is sink or plug u i pod in to u computer!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
no you cant you actually have to put in your passcode it wont let you get in without doing that so all the hahas were not neccacary and pretty rude

JBROCKS

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
HAHAHAHAHAHA wow wow and more wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............

no you cant you actually have to put in your passcode it wont let you get in without doing that so all the hahas were not neccacary and pretty rude

dude be quiet yes u can i did the same thing as timmy and it ses: if u froget u pass code all u have to do is sink it to u computer!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
That error message wouldn't come up if you were using the computer that that iPod had been synced with. Since you are getting that error and you don't know your own password that means you're using a different computer than what is normally used for that iPod.
QED that's a stolen iPod.

laserfox

macrumors 6502
Jan 21, 2008
new york
I love this thread lol. This does indeed sound like a stolen ipod. Someone once stole my ipod video from my locker when I worked at the movie theater. That was a sad day for me. I hope the OP grows a heart and return the ipod touch to its owner, becuase the ipod is a pretty personal device...almost an extension of the user...It has the user's favorite music, movies, videos, games, apps, and not to mention sensitive emails and photos. Please do the right thing. An ipod will one day be yours if you save just 1 dollar a day!

JBROCKS

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2008
That error message wouldn't come up if you were using the computer that that iPod had been synced with. Since you are getting that error and you don't know your own password that means you're using a different computer than what is normally used for that iPod.
QED that's a stolen iPod.

OMG dude u right it is becouse is it was his i pod he would be able to un lock it with his computer that it is regestered with!!!!!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG WTH:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::confused::):eek:

FYI THAT I POD WAS STOLEN MY IDEA DUS WORK :D:D:D:D:D:D

Kwats

macrumors member
Mar 26, 2008
dude be quiet yes u can i did the same thing as timmy and it ses: if u froget u pass code all u have to do is sink it to u computer!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

you crack me up because i have itunes 8 and when i plug my ipod up to my computer it says theres a passcode can not sync untill passcode is entered and i have to enter it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.