Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jelloyacket

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I just got my Apple TV, and after some fun with my router, I'm up and running. Except for YouTube, which gives me an error that my username and password are wrong. I can log in to YouTube on my computer just fine, but it won't let me log in from the Apple TV. Any thoughts? Do you think it's a YouTube issue, or maybe something with the port settings on my router? Thanks.

gwsat

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2008
Tulsa
YouTube passwords are case sensitive. Make sure that you get the case right when you enter your password. I had the same problem until I figured out I had been trying to enter my lower case password in upper case letters.

jelloyacket

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Yeah, I know it's case-sensitive. I was careful to enter the correct information. Also, my router firmware is up to date, and so is the software in the Apple TV. I tried going wired instead of wireless, also to no avail. I get the same "username and password are incorrect" for all situations. Any other ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.