Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhoGotTheFunk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Hi there I have a powerbook g4 15" 1.5Ghz. My VRAM is shot and my computer keeps on going into panic mode or gets hot and just stalls and I have too reboot manually. I just purchased another logic board off of ebay, yes I'm a very brave guy, I installed the new/used logic board and I now see that the ribbon cable recepticles for the keyboard and finger pad are not on the new logic board. Obviously I bought the wrong board. Is it possible to still use it somehow like buy a new top plate or buy an external keybord? The top plate I have now has the fat ribbon cable and also the small one. Can I just get the proper cables? If so which ones are they? Thanks for all your help.

steeler

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2008
I don't know the answer to your question, but here's my advice:

First you need to figure out what logic board you did get. Any numbers or identification marks would be helpful. Especially if they look like part numbers. If you can provide that information, then someone here might be able to help.

Detailed photos posted on photobucket and linked from this post might also be helpful.

I haven't ever replaced a logic board, so I can't help much more than that.

kdp99

macrumors newbie
Jun 8, 2008
Powerbook G4 Logic board

If the board is indeed the wrong one, I am looking for this Powerbook G4 board. Please email if interested in selling: kdp99@hotmail.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.