Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Guys, I stayed at a hotel and was using their wifi. I will not be going back here anytime soon. Is there an option to delete the hotels wifi network like I can delete networks in windows?

I done see an option for this in the safari settings.

jimishjoban

macrumors member
Mar 24, 2008
Yes.. You can do it.. Go to Settings... Then Wi-Fi... There you will see that network name... touch the small arrow on right hand side... you will get details about the network... on top of that page.. you will have "Forget this network"

However, as far as I know Iphone never try to show used networks not in range...

STC

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Yes.. You can do it.. Go to Settings... Then Wi-Fi... There you will see that network name... touch the small arrow on right hand side... you will get details about the network... on top of that page.. you will have "Forget this network"

However, as far as I know Iphone never try to show used networks not in range...

Sorry maybe I worded wrong, I can't see the hotels network, but in windows I can delete networks I won't be using or don't want anymore under wifi properties. I was curious if there's something like this on the iPhone.

Nipz

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2006
UK

This is the way to get rid of the network. If you want it again you have to be in range and then select it again :)

msmith2112

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2002
Wirelessly posted (8Gb iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

I'm pretty sure v2 will have this option.

breakfast

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2009
Has this feature become available in the meantime?

Can you delete Wifi settings, like passcode or just everything about a previous network setup when the network itself is no longer available, i.e. does not appear on the list of networks anymore? How?

Many thanks.

MaAjCn

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2012
For an iPhone iOS 5.1 does Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings, achieve the desired result? Although removes all Wifi Profiles.

svenn

macrumors 6502
Aug 11, 2010
For an iPhone iOS 5.1 does Settings / General / Reset / Reset Network Settings, achieve the desired result? Although removes all Wifi Profiles.

I hope he figured it out some time in the last 4 years :eek: but yes it does remove all wifi info

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.