Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Various news sites reported that iPhoto 1.1 was available... but the download link was mysteriously pulled by Apple.

BeachBum, however, reports that the new 800mhz PowerBooks have iPhoto 1.1 pre-loaded.

Meanwhile an anonymous contributer supplied screenshots from iPhoto 1.1. (1, 2, 3

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
I am running it on my iBook 600. It seems faster, and has some really cool new features. I heard that they pulled it because of third party conflicts. Hopefully not another iTunes fiasco.

cgmpowers

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2002
my weird iPhoto 1.1 story

I downloaded it on my iMac G3 400 and installed it, although I have no photos, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I downloaded it on my iMac G4 800 and it wont instal. I have several photos already in iPhoto 1.0 and was eager to try 1.1 out...yet installer just bounces once and does nothing..

Christopher

Backtothemac

macrumors 601
Jan 3, 2002
San Destin Florida
Re: my weird iPhoto 1.1 story

Originally posted by cgmpowers
I downloaded it on my iMac G3 400 and installed it, although I have no photos, I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.

I downloaded it on my iMac G4 800 and it wont instal. I have several photos already in iPhoto 1.0 and was eager to try 1.1 out...yet installer just bounces once and does nothing..

Christopher

Stories like this is why it was still a beta. Do not ever install a beta on your computer. I can foul up your day real quick. If you have more than one computer, then go for it. I have it on a partition of a system that is my second computer.

benjaminpg

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2002
Salt Lake City, UT
do NOT download iPhoto 1.1

There are many letters atMacintouch describing all sorts of bugs with this release, some deleting images. One odd thing that one user describes is that this bug is documented in the readme for iPhoto. That leaves me wondering, if Apple knew about it why did they release it, even if for only a short time?

ponyboy

macrumors regular
Jan 27, 2002
SLC UT/Italy
RE

They didnt, its a beta. Why is everyone bummed it has bugs? Wait for it to be released officially and then if it sucks you can whine, but it wont suck.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
I have it + it works fine for me, no other conflicts. It pisses me off though becuase I installed it thinking it was an official release.

I do have it on my machine but my e-mail accounts has a maximum attachment size, sorry.

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Originally posted by Macmaniac
Does anyone have iPhoto 1.1 that has a high speed modem? I wish someone could email it to me! I can't do FTP so I am kinda stuck. If anyone with a high speed connection or alot of time please send it to me at flashgordy12@aol.com
Thanks I would love to show it to my mac friemds!

do you still want it? I could send it by email, but it's a 21MB file. I doubt you'd want to receive it multiple times, so i thought i just check first:)

btw: i've still not tried it out, the chicken in me tells me to wait :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.