Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
Hey Everyone,

I just recently bought the new 12in powerbook and a tumi carrying briefcase. I havent put it in the case yet because i am afraid it will scratch it. Does anyone have this case and have their powerbook in it. Does it scratch?
Thanks for all of your help.
The 12inch powerbook is the best.
Ipaqman

Ipaqman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 22, 2003
could someone please reply to my question. it would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much,
ipaqman

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
sorry, don't have that case, but I do have the 12" powerbook... it seems very scratch resistant. Not as shock resistant as the ibook, but way harder to scratch. So I can understand not wanting to take the chance, but I think you'll be fine unless this bag is made out of steel wool. :)

john3912

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2003
i don't know much about the case you are talking about but i have a 12 inch PW as well and it is very scratch resistant. The only part of the case that might scratch ever is the apple on the cover. i have a couple of small scraches on mine there but they are not very noticable at all.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I got the incase sleeve for the 12'' PowerBook for mine at the Apple store for $29.99, for some reason it was in a bin of stuff on sale like old iPods. I saw the same one (or so it seemed) for $39.99.

It is great for me, it doesn't scratch it...much I meen a little thing here in there but very very very minor, nothing deep at all. Normal wear and tear...:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.