Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jin666

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Hey guys,

Just got my new iPod Touch today!! :D It's on version 1.1.2, but I want to put it into 1.1.1, then Jailbreak it.

I am following this guide:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/426137/

However, when I try to put my iPod into recovery mode, by holding in the required buttons, it goes to the Apple logo screen but does not ask to be hooked up to iTunes :confused::confused:

If I continue holding the home button, the iPod returns to the Slide To Unlock screen!

Please help ;)

Jin666

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Ok I've got past that stage. My iPod is now detected and I'm on the Recovery screen. I'm using a PC by the way. However, I hold ALT and choose recover but it's asking me to accept the 1.1.3 updates terms and conditions :confused:

Jin666

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
The guide was wrong, I had to hold Shift.

Anyway, I am not on 1.1.1. All is great, but I am having the common problem whereby I cannot access Wifi. Therefore no Jailbreakme.com.

Please can someone suggest how to solve this?

Jin666

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
I have connected successfully to it in the Settings menu, and entered my password, but Safari says "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server'

andor0597

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2008
me tooo

you press shift on pc with restore
my ipod touch wont go into recovery mode no matter what i do please help!

bndoarn

macrumors 6502a
Mar 16, 2008
you press shift on pc with restore
my ipod touch wont go into recovery mode no matter what i do please help!
theres a way easier way to put it in recovery mode. first turn your ipod all the way off using the slide to power off method. next hold down the home button and keep it held down. next plug in your usb cord while still holding the home button and keep holding it until the connect to itunes icon appears

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.