Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CharlieKirk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
Can someone suggest some furniture for my room, and paint, and carpet/wood/floor.

keehun

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
I think that is crossing some line of Apple love and house furnishing.. Apple style furniture? I personally think you shouldn't go with all design, but also ergonomics and comfortability... ;)

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You could always opt for an Apple Store look. I don't know where you would pick up the furniture though. I personally went the glass and steal route.

keehun

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

You could always opt for an Apple Store look. I don't know where you would pick up the furniture though. I personally went the glass and steal route.

I would also go glass & steel route. Thick frosted glass would look amazing.

CharlieKirk

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
glass and steal, pmsl.

the desk must be modular as i'd like it to be an 'L' desk and it needs to hold a 30". x4 20"s and a 22" and a 19" a mac pro, a desktop, a laptop, and an imac aluminum, please don't post "stop bragging" as I'm not just explainin'. Also i think that weighs in at around maybe 350lb? and about 400" wide, it CAN be a "u" desk if they're available or even a deks like:

------
|
|-----|

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
I think that is crossing some line of Apple love and house furnishing.. Apple style furniture? I personally think you shouldn't go with all design, but also ergonomics and comfortability... ;)

LOL Congratulations keehun on inventing a new word. "Comfortability". I'm going to try to work that into a conversation sometime today. :D

keehun

macrumors regular
Mar 17, 2008
LOL Congratulations keehun on inventing a new word. "Comfortability". I'm going to try to work that into a conversation sometime today. :D

Yeah! ;) I knew it wasn't a word, but it sounded "correct" so there. :rolleyes:

CharlieKirk said:
1 19"
4 20"
1 22"
1 30"
Mac Pro
iMac

That's gonna take a big desk. Wondering, are they for one computer (aka, in a straight line) or a couple of them for the mac pro and one of them for iMac (as in not all in a line) because I think weight distribution should be carefully done as not to stress the desk too much.

The Killer Fuzz

macrumors member
May 14, 2008
well, if your going to make an apple themed house the first thing to do is remove all the windows:D hooray for corny jokes

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
If by "Apple Style" you're referring to clean lines, stylish, and expensive look no further than Cantoni. Personally I can see wanting to compliment your investment, but designing around a computer seems silly.

phairphan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
Reject Beach
The Heckler desk is quite lovely. My favorite, from their description:

Frickin' Laserbeams.
Every steel part of your OneLessDesk is precisely cut with a computer-controller laser. This means you get a pricely constructed desk with lots of great details including wire wraps and holes you can use to anchor your Kensington cable locks.

Pricely indeed!

I went the narrow, glass and steel route for the desk in my space-challenged bedroom/office. Instead of a classic desk I purchased a credenza from Boltz:

http://www.boltz.com/productinfo_item_360-deptcode1_557.htm

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.