Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
I have a problem here. So far my applications have been freeware, but now I've just finished one I think I can sell... I want to at least give it a try. The problem is, I have no clue how to sell it. I am a registered developer for macupdate and can put apps up on softpedia as well. But neither website handles selling your application like I am used to on the palm. I have a paypal account, and iweb. How can I set up a system to automatically email people who purchase my product, sending them the full version? (I'm doing file fulfillment since it's the easiest)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Nate

Ironduke

Suspended
Nov 12, 2006
England
dude the mac community is far friendlier then the pc world have u tried inserting payppal donate buttons into your app?

aslong as they are suttle and your application is indeed useful to the masses you might get some nice donations.

I would try this now while reasearching how to sell as your obviously gonna need some time, while your app is ready now

Darkroom

Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
check out Aquatic Prime.

there's also Kagi and eSellerate, but Aquatic Prime should return higher profits as it's a free software that uses your own PayPal account (PayPal charges less for their service than Kagi and eSellerate)... if you use Aquatic Prime just make sure to donate to the software's developer, Lucas Newman.

liptonlover

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 13, 2008
@ ironduke - Thanks, but that leads to another question. What's the easiest way to set up a button that will allow them to donate? Sorry for these probably stupid questions but all I know is my paypal name.

@ darkroom - Thanks I will check those out :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.