Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpinadvl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
Just took a macbook air survey.

Very thorough questions, it seems like they are really trying to get to know the problems of the machine, frustrations, disappointments and best qualities....

did anyone else do this survey ?
(I was surprised because I never received a survey questionnaire for my imac, my 2 macbook pros, or my desktop mac (g4) )

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
I wish I had received this survey. I'd love to get a MBA2 to replace my MBA, but I really want the right spec upgrades.

pstauff

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
Got one too. When it asked if you could change one thing on the MBA I indicated that I wanted a 2nd USB port.

phatjoe

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
IL
Got one too. When it asked if you could change one thing on the MBA I indicated that I wanted a 2nd USB port.

I got the survey link as well. Same here regarding "one thing I would change on the MBA"...2 USB ports would be great :)

I just recently purchased my MBA. Not sure, but maybe the survey was sent to folks who purchased during a certain time frame.

alpinadvl

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 24, 2008
I got the survey link as well. Same here regarding "one thing I would change on the MBA"...2 USB ports would be great :)

I just recently purchased my MBA. Not sure, but maybe the survey was sent to folks who purchased during a certain time frame.

PURCHASE : I ordered my MBA 30 mins after the keynote - probably more important was that I ordered it from the Apple Store (maybe the same for others)

WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE : I asked for an additional (exposed) USB port, and also an exposed headphone jack

WHAT IS THE WORST FEATURE : (since I answered a series of questions on battery life already) - I actually said video playback ability was abysmal

- of course there were also questions about the screen, battery life, battery charging up times. In addition, questions about usb use, internet use, wifi use, bluetooth use, 3g modem use, programs used on the computer, frequency of travel, why did you buy the SSD drive?, did it meet expecations? (No.),...etc

richard.mac

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2007
51.50024, -0.12662
everyone say that they want a 10-12" model with a thinner bezel around the screen… plus add another USB port. then it would be perfect!

and for everyone saying "why dont you just get a macbook?"… well its not 3 pounds and less than 1" thin is it? im hoping the new MacBooks will be like this so i can keep the superdrive.

aussieinrome

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2008
Rome, Italy.
everyone say that they want a 10-12" model with a thinner bezel around the screen… plus add another USB port. then it would be perfect!

and for everyone saying "why dont you just get a macbook?"… well its not 3 pounds and less than 1" thin is it? im hoping the new MacBooks will be like this so i can keep the superdrive.

Sorry, but less than 1" thin? Hu, it's like saying I'm less than 8' tall and I weigh less then 500lbs! Pointless!!!!

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I got one, and here is what I said:

My biggest feature request is furthering the "Air" montra and providing over the air iPhoto synching between the Air and my iMac.

I really love the machine, but my biggest complaint was the range of the wireless. Fairly disappointed in that respect, even with a Time Capsule Router on N.

I think Apple needs to continue to make advances in the multi-touch gestures and implement more of them into more of their Apps. As far as space and speed go, they will increase when parts are created that fit the Air. Battery life however is also barely sufficient.

Design is perfect!

duffyanneal

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2008
ATL
I received the survey invite. There were some very interesting questions. For example they wanted to know how I would rate the keyboard key sound, trackpad button, trackpad size, overall size of the machine, hard drive capacity, etc. As far as the fill in the blank questions my answers are below.

What one thing would you change?

Improve the cooling system on the machine so it doesn't sound like a hairdryer when I go to a flash heavy site. BTW, could you tell the software guys to fix the flash problem! Please add another speaker.

One feature I would like?

Incorporate WWAN and/or WiMax into the machine for a true wireless experience. Did I already mention adding another speaker?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.