Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

heatmiser

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2007
LOL. I ran a search and read half a dozen threads on this last night. Basically, the only true fix looks like a screen/hinge replacement.

keny9985

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
heres a screen hinge tightening process which i successuflly tried n recorded...

i had this loose hinge problem since a wile....finally decided to fix it on my own.... checked image descriptions by ifixit... was quite resourceful.... i recorded the process of opening and tightening the hinge...i had to dig into the display panel also since the part of the hinge mounted on the display in my machine had gone loose....so the display assembly had to be disassembled to get to those loose screws.... i quite appreciated the hinge for the fact that it was just a tightening problem and there was nothing wrong with the hinge structure....it was quite nice, strong in built...just the mounting screws had gone loose.... everything was solved by tightening it and now the macbook pro is back to its fabulous nice state.....
posting the link of the recorded process video for refrence if it helps any of u :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DQI0ukUfMs

Reactions: racerhomie

norrismantooth

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2010
Dallas, TX
Sorry to bust open a 2-year old thread, but this seems to be a wide-spread issue, and it appears the YouTube video has been pulled by EMI for copyright.

Please re-upload the video, minus the copyrighted music (I assume that's what it was). I would love to see this how-to, as I hope to perform this surgery on my 17" Mac Book Pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.