Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nayxn2nayxn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
Hey guys, I'm interested in signing up for the student membership of the ADC program. However, I was wondering if you had to be some kind of student developer or sort to get access. I am a student currently in college. My major has nothing to do with developing software. (I'm majoring in traditional animation.) Will they still allow me to sign up for it?

(btw...Steve Jobs co-owns PIXAR with John Lasseter, a graduate from my school. We use Macs in animation, but I don't know if this is good enough to get the Student ADC deal)

macintosh tech

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2008
You are not required to be in a certain area of study. You just need to buy the membership ($99) and fax in proof of enrollment.

Also note, the discount is only useful if buying a MBP or Mac Pro. The discount on the consumer hardware is about the same as the regular education discount. With buying the $99 membership you are then paying more than EDU prices.

nayxn2nayxn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
thanks.

I am looking at a high end 17in macbook pro and the savings are over $300...so basically it's the Ipod touch deal. (save like 20-30 dollars and no need for rebates) the $99 takes care of itself almost in the upgrades on the MBP

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.