Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
I don't think anyone here has picked up on this yet, but did you notice the following in the new iTunes plist:

23927920yv2.jpg

I seem to remember alot of people wanting to be able to use there iPhone as an external drive.

If this is already posted, just delete this thread!
:apple:

waterskier2007

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2007
Novi, MI
I don't think anyone here has picked up on this yet, but did you notice the following in the new iTunes plist:

23927920yv2.jpg

I seem to remember alot of people wanting to be able to use there iPhone as an external drive.

If this is already posted, just delete this thread!
:apple:

nice

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
nice find, I hadn't heard anything about this yet. I never understood why the iPhone was never usable as a hard drive before... This should make a lot of people happy.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Now for the real question: Can we open the files on the iPhone that we drag 'n' drop onto it, or is it just for transferring between computers?

Any signs of a 'MobileFinder' in 2.0?

I really doubt we will be able to open the files on the iPhone, I guess it will be similar to the current iPod disk use.

At the keynote Jobs said we could open iWork and Office documents on the iPhone right? Doesn't this mean they have to release some application to enable you to be able to view them?

philgilder

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
UK
At the keynote Jobs said we could open iWork and Office documents on the iPhone right? Doesn't this mean they have to release some application to enable you to be able to view them?
youve contradicted yourself there...

anyway, the current iphone can view pdf, doc, and xls files. iphone 2.0 is just expanding that to support ppt and iwork

Unfortunately, I think they are just attachments in mail rather than having a stand-alone app. I expect a good 3rd party word processor though - maybe open office that would let us edit the files as well as view them.

sk8mash

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
England
Unfortunately, I think they are just attachments in mail rather than having a stand-alone app. I expect a good 3rd party word processor though - maybe open office that would let us edit the files as well as view them.

Oh right, I had the wrong idea with that then!

walnuts

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I think its been said before that these strings are often just copied and pasted and they don't actually mean that the iphone will or will not have these features. I thought it was mentioned in an article on macrumors about a year ago, but I couldn't find it by searching.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.