Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samarium

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
@ home.
Hello everyone. In the past month, my MacBook has started to randomly go to Sleep when im using it. When it sleeps, I have to wake it up by pressing enter a few times, and when it asks for my password, I enter it and it sleeps again while typing it. Sometimes I type it, enter my account and starts sleeping again, making me wake it up again. What can I do? Is it a OS X failure or a hardware failure?

John Doe 57

macrumors 65816
Jan 26, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Maybe you have done this already but...

1) Go to System Preferences

2) Click On the Security Button

3) Check Off this:
Picture 1.png

4) Go back to System Preferences Main Menu

5) Click On the Energy Saver Button

6) Check the information
Picture 2.png

Just fool around with the sliders and see if it has any effect. I have a MacBook Pro, but I've never had this problem. Good Luck!

Avenger23

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2001
Clovis, NM
You haven't by chance turned on the sleep hot corners in Expose? Just a quick thought there...

Also have you tried taking it in to an Apple Store and have it looked by someone at the Genius Bar? There could be possibly something wrong with a hardware component(s) in your MacBook. I remember there was an issue with MacBook's randomly shutting down, but I don't remember anything on sleeping issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.