Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple309

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Hey, a couple of days ago, my iPod Touch (8GB), froze up on me, nothing worked, so I was forced to restore it through iTunes. It was fine, and I synced all my music right back on it. My only problem, is that the WiFi refuses to work. I know it is not the router, as it used to connect to this internet, and the router works fine for my laptop. I also know it is not the router because the same message pops up for every network I try to connect to. The message is "Unable to Connect to Network '(Network Name)'" I have tried reseting the network settings, and I have wiped out (restored through iTunes) my iPod multiple times. I'm not sure what to do, and I thank you in advance for any advise you may give me.

Thanks again
-Apple309

shmeargan21

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2008
Hey, a couple of days ago, my iPod Touch (8GB), froze up on me, nothing worked, so I was forced to restore it through iTunes. It was fine, and I synced all my music right back on it. My only problem, is that the WiFi refuses to work. I know it is not the router, as it used to connect to this internet, and the router works fine for my laptop. I also know it is not the router because the same message pops up for every network I try to connect to. The message is "Unable to Connect to Network '(Network Name)'" I have tried reseting the network settings, and I have wiped out (restored through iTunes) my iPod multiple times. I'm not sure what to do, and I thank you in advance for any advise you may give me.

Thanks again
-Apple309
Alright try this...
Unplug your internet modem ( dont plaug back in yet after you do that)
Now completley turn off your ipod touch
Now plug your internet modem back in
When your internet light comes on.

Apple309

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Thanks

Thanks for replying to my question, but I tried the modem thing you suggested, and still no luck :(.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
hi, i had the exact same problem with mine. the thing is though. will it connect to other wifi networks other than yours ?
when mine broke. i wouldn't connect to anything.
if it doesn't then ring apple support. they told me to send it in. and after about 2 days they sent me a brand new one. which was nice !
hope that helps

Apple309

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Yeah

Yeah, sounds like the same problem, I've had mine since January though, you think I'll still be able to get a replacement?

marold280

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2008
well i have no idea really. ring them and explain the problem. and they will ask for your serial number. if you cant then you cant, but if you can then i think you should get a new one sent for you!
i think the number is in the support page of apple.com

Apple309

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
Thank You

Thank you again for your reply, I think I'm going to call them today and see.

alex100

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2011
Reset network Settings.

try resetting network Settings. On your ipod go SETTINGS - GENERAL - RESET - RESET NETWORK SETTINGS It did the trick for me. your ipod will switch off. You may see a loading screen. When you go back in try and connect again as normal. :):):)

butcherz

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2012
This might Help you.

Unplugged or loose network cables are easy to miss yet one of the most common reasons you might suddenly find yourself unable to connect to the Internet. That's not a problem on wireless networks, but on most laptops the Wi-Fi radio can be inadvertently shut off instead. On home networks, it's also possible someone unplugged the router. I have encountered the same issues but and I have searched many sites this one helped me http://www.techyv.com/questions/unable-connect-wifi-network. Hope it will help you. Good luck:):)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.