Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
anyone smart out there who can help me out?

i have an iPod, FWHD and PB 12" (with one FW port).

when i clean installed Panther, i backed up my music collection like this:

1) music i like to listen to often from my computer. these were copied to my PB HD (with panther) and FWHD partition where clone of my jaguar sits.

2) music i like to have, but won't listen too much. these were backed up to FWHD partition just for music.

now, the problem with this configuration is... it's now a pain in the butt to add songs from 2) to my iPod because my PB 12" only has one FW port!

anyone has a smart way to get around this short of buying a FW hub?

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
dang it... i kinda figured. didn't think it through when i made those partitions...

i guess what i can do for now is to do it once manually, fill up most of my ipod with music i might listen to and that's that...

:(

macstudent

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2002
Milwaukee, WI
Does your FWHD have two ports? My firewire has two on the back for daisy chains. This way you can plug your ipod into your FWHD when you have it plugged into your mac

jxyama

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 3, 2003
Originally posted by macstudent
Does your FWHD have two ports? My firewire has two on the back for daisy chains. This way you can plug your ipod into your FWHD when you have it plugged into your mac

unfortunately, no... i do have an USB port, but the port doesn't supply enough power to my HD so it doesn't work... plus it's a USB 1 port on the PB 12" so it would dog slow...

i *might* have found an Applescript to accomplish this a little less painfully... maybe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.