Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

29twelve

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2006
Farnborough, England
They have iPhones back in stock, both versions.

If they don't give me an iPhone from my order on Monday which is still on the first stage of the order process now I'm gonna be so annoyed.

Surely they must think they've got enough stock to fulfill all current orders? Come on CPW, don't do an O2 on us!

razorianfly

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Thanks for the info!

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't bother.

It's highly unlikely that if you do manage to secure a unit, and an order number, that that unit will ship and arrive, tomorrow. :(

R-Fly

atiffarooq

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2006
Thanks for the info!

In my personal opinion, I wouldn't bother.

It's highly unlikely that if you do manage to secure a unit, and an order number, that that unit will ship and arrive, tomorrow. :(

R-Fly

Yeah I know. I'm going to go to a store tomorrow (Apple or O2, haven't decided which yet). But I thought if anyone was still interested in purchasing online then CPW might be the way forward since O2 seem to have made a complete balls up of their online pre-ordering system.

nomad01

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2005
Birmingham, England
Can they do anything at CPW?? I asked about upgrading in sotre and they said this:

Thank you for your email.

You would need to contact O2 Direct to ask about whether you can upgrade
your old iPhone to the new 3G iPhone.

This is because it is O2 Direct who handle your billing and service
provision and therefore this would be their decision.

You can contact O2 Direct on 08705 860 860.

I trust this is fully resolved for you. If there's anything else we can
do to help you please reply to this email.

Regards
Deborah Biddle

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Thought id give it a go. They also still advertise the, "Pre-order on pay monthly today and be one of the first to own one. Free delivery on 11th July." Nothing to lose really.

Dear MR Juo100

Thank you for ordering with The Carphone Warehouse. This email confirms that we have received your order and will be processing it shortly. It contains important information about your order. Please ensure you read it and keep it safe until your order has been delivered.

Please note that all orders placed through the website are subject to acceptance. While we will of course make every attempt to accept your order, there are a number of reasons that are out of our control, that may cause your order to be rejected.

Please find your order details below. You will need your transaction number for any correspondence.

Your transaction number: 153834xxx

You have purchased the following items:

1 x Apple iPhone 16GB (159.0)
Insured on Lifeline mobile phone/USB modem with 1 month FREE

Delivery details:
My House
In the Middle of the street
My House
England

sara123456

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2008
From the cpw site

''Please note: due to the current high volumes of orders that are being placed, unfortunately we cannot guarantee next day delivery''

So your probably get it one Monday which isn't to bad.

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
Yeah im currently at stage 1
"Your order has been received, we will be processing your transaction as soon as possible. Please note: due to the current high volumes of orders that are being placed, unfortunately we cannot guarantee next day delivery."

deniser

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Cornwall, England
I've been at stage 1 since Monday. I emailed CPW, I just got this reply

Dear Mrs

Thank you for your email.

Thank you for placing your order for the new 3G iPhone with ourselves
and I am sorry for the confusion regarding your order.

I can not check on your order specifically as you would need to speak
to
our ESales Department about this. You can contact ESales on 0208 896
5400. One of my colleagues will be able to track your order and give
you
an update.

I can confirm that although our stocks of iPhones did run out due to
the
high demand for this product, all customer's that ordered their iPhone
before Tuesday 8th July 2008 will have their iPhone on launch day.

If you have asked for your iPhone to be delivered to store then this
will definitely be available for collection on Friday 11th July 2008.
Please take some photo ID and an utility bill with you so that the
necessary credit checks can be performed in store.

If you have requested home delivery your handset will be dispatched on
11th July 2008 but due to high demand you may receive it on 12th July
2008. We apologise in advance if this is the case.

I trust this is fully resolved for you. If there's anything else we can

do to help you please reply to this email.

Regards
Deborah Biddle

O2 Customer Services

randomuk

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
the esales number:

020 8896 5400

is now dead. just like their email is dead (they turned it off because they were getting too many emails)

quick - hide - there's a customer!

Juo100

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2007
I dont think you will get anything on the 12th July, the courier is City Link and you have to pay extra for Saturday delivery. (Unlike the Royal Mail for example) shows how much thought went into the reply you received.

deniser

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2007
Cornwall, England
I dont think you will get anything on the 12th July, the courier is City Link and you have to pay extra for Saturday delivery. (Unlike the Royal Mail for example) shows how much thought went into the reply you received.

I've taken it with a pinch of salt. I also noted her sig said o2 cs too

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
What a joke. As my first order through CPW (earlier this week) failed, and I've since set up an account with O2 to get around the credit approval process, I decided to try again. My order went through fine and I've received both email and text confirmation.

Just to be sure I decided to give them a call (as the last time there was NO notification that there was an issue with the order whatsoever). Sat on hold for 45 minutes only to be disconnected. So *that's* how staff are dealing with high call volumes.... pick up, hang up, pick up, hang up, pick up......

Disgraceful! :mad:

chrisblore

macrumors regular
May 10, 2004
Essex, UK
Not for existing iPhone upgrade customers. So, once again, if we have to work for a living and can't go to stand outside a store tomorrow, we are screwed over and have to wait for O2 to get some sort of ordering system working. Why they can't have a pre-ordering system I don't know :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.