Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

daverso

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2007
I'm having problems...
I ran the software update on my iPhone, it went smoothly until it restarted the phone. Now i have a connect to itunes image, but when i connect to itunes, my iPhone does not show up... Any ideas? How can i reset my iPhone without iTunes connecting?

mamosley

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
This is the same message I am getting after I click open on the .ipsw file from iTunes.

Edit: Nevermind. Apparently the download timed out at some point. So I only had 1/3 of it.

going to try again.

Same here with the 1403 error. Did not download the full file. Redownloaded for the 3rd time and got the whole file. Installing now.

tpouliot

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
Lost contacts

I synched before up upgrading, sync after upgrade...poof gone. Any suggestions?

I hope I have everything I need in Time Machine. :(

DaveTheGrey

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2003
I live in Belgium, and have a US 2G iPhone, unlocked off course. Will I be able to upgrade and use my next sim? It is jailbroken too but that is not an issue anymore.

as far as i know there are no confirmed iphones unlocked by using an xyzsim at this moment.

iMat77

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
Ticino, Switzerland
So what happens if i live in italy, i have an iPhone 2G (never activated), brought in the US, i install the update with the italian official carrier SIM inside?

Will i be able to activate my iPhone with the italian carrier?

Same here with the Swiss official carrier.

Does anyone have the answer :)

cwheatley

macrumors member
Dec 24, 2007
stillwater, ok
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5A347 Safari/525.20)

So I'm upgraded and stuff. Anybody having any luck with the Facebook app? Mine keeps saying it is umavailable.

Scooterman1

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2008
Houston, Tx
Works On Vista

Installed on mine. Works great.

To repeat some other posts for Windows.
1. Download iTunes 7.7
2. Download the 2.0 File
3. Hold down Shift key while clicking on Check For Update (NOT Restore).
4. Go to the directory where you have saved the file.
5. Firefox saves the file where you want it without placing the .zip on the end of the file.
6. After the 2.0 is installed, and iPhone reboots, it will reactivate the phone.
7. Then restore all of you backed up files.
8. Then do a Sync to get all of your Music and Applications, etc. onto the phone.

Hopefully, I haven't left out anything. If I have, I'm sure someone will catch it. LOL

Dammit Cubs

macrumors 68020
Jul 31, 2007
after hearing all the bricks....

I'll wait another..... 24 hours. or just buy the new iphone.

eastcoastsurfer

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2007
Worked fine for me. Didn't take very long either. I did notice once the update installed the phone was locked and then went through the activation process again. I'm playing with apps now... :)

Xjett

macrumors member
May 4, 2008
Miami, FL
I thinks I am going to wait for the update to go live officially. Based on previous time, anyone have a tiem frame between update release and the time it takes it to be available via "Check For Update" (not having to use the option key and doing it manually)?

stockscalper

macrumors 6502a
Aug 1, 2003
Area 51
Just upgraded to 2.0 but in the process I never got the message to do the one time back up. Thankfully, it recovered everything from my previous backup.

dunnoschmo

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
solution for error 5

i found a solution for error 5 that seems to have worked for me, i dunno if this has already been established though

just upgrade to itunes 7.7. i was running 7.6.2 and software update currently views that version as the newest (it hasn't been seeded out yet). 7.7 has 3g iphone support, so go to apples site and upgrade to 7.7, then upgrade your iphone to 2.0

works:)

LudwigVon

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
rockin 2.0...

question...
if i buy an app and sync to my iPhone can the same app sync to my wife's iPhone...

jgoodm

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2006
Worked for me too. Had an Pwned phone. Last night I used boot loader to relock and restore to factory then once done, I restored to factory 1.1.4. This morning upgrading to 2.0 was no problem. Enjoy.

craigp

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2007
Warning!

To all those with Jailbroken (i.e. non-official) iPhones: don't apply this firmware update!! . You will be able to update the firmware, but you won't be able to activate or make calls on it. You'll have to wait for the iPhone hacking team to release an update to their hacking software before you'll be able to activate/jailbreak it again.

Also, if you're not using an 'official SIM', you won't be able to make calls on it either (again, until an unlocking tool is released). SIM unlocking is what took the time for the dev team to do before, so don't expect it to be ready any time soon for firmware 2.0.

chrismac00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
question...
if i buy an app and sync to my iPhone can the same app sync to my wife's iPhone...

I'm not sure about this but I'm pretty sure it will. Just in case, I am buying the apps through iTunes :D

The ipsw file hasn't even download yet. 9 minutes remaining :(

trauma62

macrumors 6502
Mar 16, 2007
FL
I Did It Works Like A Charm

I DID IT AND I AM DOWNLOADING APPLICATIONS LIKE THERE IS NO TOMORROW YEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):)

amplexus

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
jailbroken

so....
does a phone need to be jailbroken to do this?

I can't do it. I'm doing it all right, I know I am, but I either have to restore from scratch 1.1.4 if i try to restore from the file, or an 0x3.......error if I try to update.

what's wrong here?

cazlar

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2003
Sydney, Australia
For those asking all the jailbreak/unlock questions:

1. If you are previously jailbroken, or jailbroken+unlocked, upgrading will probably go fine the way I understand it, as the phone basically gets wiped
2. However, if you do not have a legit SIM, it will not re-activate, and you will be stuck on activation screen
3. The phone will also probably be relocked (not entirely sure on this one if you used pwnage, other methods definitely).

4. The dev team had photos of what was thought to be the GM already jailbroken (and unlocked too I assume?). I'm sure they are just in the process of testing the real release before they release pwnage 1.2 (or 2.0?).

5. In conclusion, if you need an unlock - WAIT before upgrading. It should only be a few hours/days at most.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.