Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fojannix

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2007
Help!!! Upload the modified rdisk0s1 image to your iPod?

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

can someone help me with step 12 on jailbreak? I followed the steps in changing the name of file, but the end of my string doesnt show up with the multiple 0A 0A 0A.....which is why when i try to upload it in iPHUC it doesnt work.

can you help me?

12. Change these to /dev/disk0s1 / hfs rw 0 1 /dev/disk0s2 /private/var hfs rw 0 2

With newlines padding the end of the string so it ends up being exactly the same size as the old /etc/fstab. The new series of characters ought to be:

2F 64 65 76 2F 64 69 73 6B 30 73 31 20 2F 20 68 66 73 20 72 77 20 30 20 31 0A 2F 64 65 76 2F 64 69 73 6B 30 73 32 20 2F 70 72 69 76 61 74 65 2F 76 61 72 20 68 66 73 20 72 77 20 30 20 32 0A 0A 0A 0A 0A 0A 0A 0A

strchris

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
Putty

Is there a trick to use putty, or just type in The iTouch IP?
I get "Network Error, Connection refused"

What might i have done wrong?

iVerson

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
An Easier Jailbreak Posted

Hey guys! I tried to use this jailbreak but it was waaay too hard for me to sit in front of the computer for 72 steps! Here is a one-click jailbreak for iPod Touch and iPhone. I didn't write it but it works just great. It takes just like 10 minutes tops. I assure you it will work fine, because right now I have an iPod Touch working with applications and syncing with iTunes. It is just great.

http://iphone.cricblogs.com/one-click-ipod-touch-jailbreak-for-windows-by-msbasher/

ENJOY!!:D:D

Jahfer

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Hey guys! I tried to use this jailbreak but it was waaay too hard for me to sit in front of the computer for 72 steps! Here is a one-click jailbreak for iPod Touch and iPhone. I didn't write it but it works just great. It takes just like 10 minutes tops. I assure you it will work fine, because right now I have an iPod Touch working with applications and syncing with iTunes. It is just great.

http://iphone.cricblogs.com/one-click-ipod-touch-jailbreak-for-windows-by-msbasher/

ENJOY!!:D:D

i downloaded all the files but idk how to run it? what do i click to start the "on-screen instructions"? :confused:

iVerson

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
i downloaded all the files but idk how to run it? what do i click to start the "on-screen instructions"? :confused:

ok, you should see an MS-DOS file named jailbreak. open that and before you press enter, go on to http://jailbreak.toc2rta.com on your iPod. As you know, safari will crash and thats when you press enter. then it simply explains everything. If you have any problems, do not hesitate to ask..

Jahfer

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Major Problem...help!! (if Possible)

So i ran the application and it was working smoothly until i entered my IP address and it replied "FATAL ERROR" (always a good thing). So i tried running it again but it got stuck at the Fstab thing. naturally i went to iTunes to restore it and came up w/ this: Unknown Error (-18) and theres nothing on the internet that i found to tell me what it meant...Is there any hope for my ipod? (p.s. i still have all my bookmarks, contacts but no movies, music, pictures and i can't sync...)

Jahfer

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
Update

So i ran the application and it was working smoothly until i entered my IP address and it replied "FATAL ERROR" (always a good thing). So i tried running it again but it got stuck at the Fstab thing. naturally i went to iTunes to restore it and came up w/ this: Unknown Error (-18) and theres nothing on the internet that i found to tell me what it meant...Is there any hope for my ipod? (p.s. i still have all my bookmarks, contacts but no movies, music, pictures and i can't sync...)

I figured it out....if you hold both the home and hold buttons until the "connect to iTunes" sign appears, you should be able to resync your ipod. all is well.:D
but...can anyone explain to me what i may have done wrong? thanks

brando12345

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2007
help

im stuck on step number 45. when it say 45. Using iPhuc's putfile capability, put sftp-server in /usr/libexec/,

put scp in /usr/bin/, and put libarmfp.dylib in /usr/lib/. what commands should i put into ipuc?
thanks

iVerson

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2007
I figured it out....if you hold both the home and hold buttons until the "connect to iTunes" sign appears, you should be able to resync your ipod. all is well.:D
but...can anyone explain to me what i may have done wrong? thanks

It sometimes happen but I have no idea whats that about. Luckily, my sister was on the other computer and my iPod was the 4th in my ADSL line. So it worked after the change in the IP Address. Try changing it, and trying it again. I tried it like 4 times and it worked at last. But I don't knw the exact problem, sorry.

iguy123

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2007
adding rom files

im not sure what all the step numbers people are talkin about

i just ran the touch free app and i need to know if there is anything
else i need to do to get it fully unlocked/hacked/jailbroken/whatever

also

i need to add a file to the directory/var/root/media/roms/nes

can someone tell me what to put into iphuc in order to do this

also i need to know where to position the file on my comp b4 transfer

sry for my ineptness at this lol

iPodEcho

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2008
Great Guide

If you want a super easy and beginner friendly guide check out iPodEcho.googlepages.com It's a new site but will be up and running with complete guides based on user requests! Post a comment for support! Thanks. http://iPodEcho.googlepages.com/

cheekybobcat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
U-S of A
With the SDK coming out, I don't think that jailbreaking is worth 74 steps.

Plus, I have heard of way easier ways like ziphone and iLiberty. This seems ridiculous and confusing to the point where people couldn't follow it or easily get lost mid-jailbreak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.