Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
Given the interest in the BBC's Steven Moffat taking over Doctor Who in 2010, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about his new show - Bonekickers.

^^ This is wrong... thanks to BoyBach for the correction. Not sure where I got this idea from really :D

I missed the airing of the first episode, but only half an hour after transmission the good ol' Beeb have it up on iPlayer, so I'm watching now... :D

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
Despite the splendid line "Google with a beer gut" you cannot make 'Time Team' tense, exciting or sexy - although Gugu Mbatha-Raw is a rather attractive young lady!

I thought it was preposterous fluff.

Having said that, I'll probably watch the next episode when it's on the iPlayer! :D

(Oh yeah, it's from Matthew Graham and Ashley Pharoah, the creators of 'Life on Mars' & 'Ashes To Ashes', not Steven Moffat.)

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
I thought it was light, frothy, entertaining TV trying to be something deeper and darker. The awkward juxtaposition of the relationship between the historical East and West was obviously an attempt to comment on today's political climate.

Given that it's from the Life on Mars crew (thanks for the correction!) I'll give it a couple more weeks before I make a decision.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Not sure why but I'm slightly put off this show. Think it's the naff adverts and ridiculous name. But it sounds like my daft reasons have been justified by the critics.

Hoping that Merlin smells of roses. Damn you BBC and your dry summers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.