Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
After installing the 2.0 firmware I managed to go back to 1.1.4 via pwnage though my baseband version is 04.05.04_G (I believe this came with the 2.0 update) and bootloader 3.9.

Is there anyway to go down from 04.05.04_G so I can unlock my phone again? Currently it's jailbroken but not unlocked and bootneuter won't change either probably because the baseband is something higher.

So in short

my baseband is 04.05.04_G (from the leaked 2.0 I presume)

Firmware: 1.1.4

Bootloader: 3.9

Not unlocked, not neutered.

Bootneuter fails at unlocking or reverting to 4.6 (error-5), otherwise the phone works fine.

Thanks,

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Would appreciate an answer here --

Currently the phone works fine, installer is on there -- versions are as listed.

However, the phone isn't unlocked and my usual ATT SIM (not iphone data plan) is showing no signal and I cannot connect to the network.

I guess I am waiting for the dev team's 2.0 unlock release but I thought I would be able to unlock the phone since it's back to 1.1.4 -- but I guess the updated baseband is holding that back.

andyhargreaves

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2007
Hi

I'm stuck in the same situation as you, sorry I can't really help. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.

All the solutions I have found online take me around in circles - to make the downgrade work I need BootNeuter, but to make BootNeuter to work the downgrade needs to complete.

Dammit!

matinez

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008

activea

macrumors newbie
May 4, 2008
I have tested matinez solution for windows.. and it works...(i have checked and the 3 check boxes and then Started the program) now i have my phone back working!!!

thanks a lot ;)

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Trying this now -- I was just going to wait for pwnage 2.0 but I'll try it.

Having some trouble simply restoring 1.1.4 from 2.0 official (gives me error 20) but once I do it I'll try the baseband eraser.

Busynow

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2008
Kuwait
Hi I'am also in the same loop of upgrading.
I am trying to downgrade my baseband, if it helps me out.. I post an tutorial.

EDIT
MINE WORKS, yeah!!

1. You need to erase baseband 04.05.04_G
2A. Windows client: http://rapidshare.com/files/119407675/_En__ZiPhone_patched_by_kIREmK_04.05.04_G.zip
2B. Mac client: http://rapidshare.com/files/119407677/ZiPhoneOSX_patched_by_kIREmK_04.05.04_G__En_.zip
3. After erasing you should have now, 04.03.13_G

YEAH!

Thanks my phone works now.
Today i updated to 2.0 , i downgraded to 1.1.4 but the phone didnot work,
but now its working.
I used the hacked ziphone (mac version )
i just checked Downgrade baseband and clicked on start 3 minutes everthing work.

macdre

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Thank you matinez!!!!

I have been trying all day to fix my iPhone. It finally works.

This is what I did:

1. Put the iPhone in DFU mode.
2. Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4.
3. Received error 1015.
4. Ran the modified version of ZiPhone with all 3 boxes checked. (The version matinez posted)
5. Put the iPhone in restore mode.
6. Restore in ITunes to 1.1.4.. again... No errors this time.
7. Used the standard ZiPhone 3.0 to "Do it all".
8. It works!

I've tried so many different methods today. I don't know if I ended up putting the phone in a strange state, but that second restore was necessary to get it back up and running.

Hope this helps. :D

andyhargreaves

macrumors regular
Dec 23, 2007
This is what I did:

1. Put the iPhone in DFU mode.
2. Restore in iTunes to 1.1.4.
3. Received error 1015.
4. Ran the modified version of ZiPhone with all 3 boxes checked. (The version matinez posted)
5. Put the iPhone in restore mode.
6. Restore in ITunes to 1.1.4.. again... No errors this time.
7. Used the standard ZiPhone 3.0 to "Do it all".

Me too. Now cue nervous biting of teeth and drinking of coffee.....

8. It works!

Me too!!!!

Cheers guys. Martinez, macdre, if I can buy you guys a beer feel free to pm me your paypal addys!

Take care

Andy

Haukka

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Hmm, the modified version of ZiPhone doesn't run on either of my macs. It crashes. Tried downloading from both locations, weird.

Haukka

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Might be that, I got tiger on both. But I tried the windows one too now, (Windows XP) and I get an error there too. :(

It seems this really isn't my day.

Haukka

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
After installing iTunes for windows it started working. Thanks, now the baseband is downgraded.

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
To the people who got it working, was your iphone in the official 2.0 firmware state when you started? or the unofficial version that was leaked the day before?

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
Got it working -- key really is iTunes 7.5 and DFU to get the 1015 error. After that it's gravy. The step about erasing your baseband is also pretty vital and previously missing from the bigboss guide.

Now I have a working phone till pwnage 2.0.

Thanks guys.

Seems like my SMS is broken though (error sending message).

matinez

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
Got it working -- key really is iTunes 7.5 and DFU to get the 1015 error. After that it's gravy. The step about erasing your baseband is also pretty vital and previously missing from the bigboss guide.

Now I have a working phone till pwnage 2.0.

Thanks guys.

Seems like my SMS is broken though (error sending message).

Mine isn't broken, I've sent and received messages tonight.

boojie

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
im so confused!

ok so long story short...had a 1.1.4 unlocked activvated and jailbroken vvia Ziphone and dumb me upgraded todayy and now im stuck!!!! ofcourse ziphone 3.0 cant do anything once it reboots in recovveryy mode...the connect to itunes message just stays...can someone please help me!!!!!

JeimyGirl

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
You guys are so freaking awesome!!! I have literally been on this computer for 24 hours trying to fix t, and this very small thing did it! thank you so much!!!!! :-DD

ultraonion

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
arghhh ...i cant restore my iphone using itunes 7.5, this is what it says "software for this iphone is currently not available, make sure you have the latest version of itunes before trying ." can any1 help??:(:(:(:(

macdre

macrumors newbie
Jul 11, 2008
A few more points for anyone still stuck:

• You definately need an older version of iTunes, I used 7.5
  • You must use DFU mode to restore the first time. Look up how to do that. Its not the normal restore mode - The screen is blank during patching.
  • You may need to download the 1.1.4 firmware version separately and force iTunes to use it if it insists on trying a different version. For Windows - hold shift while clicking on restore. OSX - Hold option while clicking on restore - then select the firmware.

I did this all in windows because I didn't want to mess with downgrading iTunes from 7.7 to something earlier in OSX.

Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.