Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
just now the console started to display "NSWindow does not support utility styleMask 0x10" when i launched my app... i added some code just before it happened, so i removed the code but the message persists...

i didn't update any NSWindows or code concerning any of my windows... i didn't update XCode or IB... it literally just started listing that out of the blue...

my app seems unaffected by it... and my Panels that have Utility checked are all fine as well and appear normal... is this a glitch i can ignore? or is this just the start of a much large problem?

any thoughts?

kpua

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
That's a very odd error. Are you creating any NSWindows manually by chance?

Darkroom

Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Montréal, Canada
That's a very odd error. Are you creating any NSWindows manually by chance?

humm... i just remembered that i had manually superclassed a NSPanel to an NSWindow in the code because it didn't need to be a panel (it's a sheet)... that must have been why... i'll change it back and see if it fixes the "problem"

[edit] yeah, that fixed it... when i posted the problem here i was very tired and didn't remember changing NSPanel to NSWindow... dumb...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.