Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcbates23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
I'm thinking about converting to a mac after 20 years on a pc. I have a 24' imac at work and love it. My only concern is I scan in all my bills with adobe pro 7 and convert them to pdf so I always have them and shred the paper copy. I hate paper. How can I don't this on a mac? If this can be done easly I'll be purchaseing a macbook pro. Oh I have a HP scanjet 4890 scanner.

Thanks for any help.

JNB

macrumors 604
Standard Mac Print dialog (with the NeatReceipts additional stuff). Saving as PDF has been a "standard" for us for a while. :D

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 3,577

mcbates23

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Thank you both. I'll try it when I get to work tomorrow. If this work I'm set!!

Fallinangel

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2005
The easiest way, without having to install third party software (e.g. Photoshop, ...), is to open an application called "Image Capture" that is included in every Mac OS X version. The program is located in:
Macintosh HD>Applications>Image Capture​
In "Image Capture" go to "Devices" and select your scanner. Mine is a Canon Lide 60, however yours will probably be another one!
(If it doesn't show up you'll have to install/update the driver of your scanner. You can get the newest drivers at the manufactures website!)

A new window is going to pop up! Make your configuration, select a save location and change the file format to PDF! Click on scan and your done.

(The window shown above may already have been opened automatically when "Image Capture" was launched! This depends on your configuration.)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.