Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cyberone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
Scary reports about dead pixels, dust under the screen and cheap finishings ...

The majority out there has no issues?

alexmarchuk

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
New Jersey
I received a lemon on Friday, wouldn't connect to the network for ****, sim was replaced, etc, etc, etc.

Got mine replaced on the spot, and now its perfect ;)

acelson

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2008
I have a lemon one,

Dust under the screen, marks on the edges and light beams out between the glass & the chrome!!!! :mad:

paetrick

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2007
Mine's perfect :) 8GB black. And teh 3G speeds is amazingly fast.. 3,6mbit/s almost wherever I am in my city.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC

Attachments

• ilemon.PNG
    ilemon.PNG
    156.5 KB · Views: 100

sparkyms

macrumors 65816
Feb 22, 2007
Southampton UK
Fingers crossed mine seems absolutely fine, I only got it a few hours ago though so who know what might happen.
If theres a hint of dust under the screen the thing is going back.. (how the hell would it even get in?!).

JeffBalls

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2008
Buffalo
lemon...My ringer switch broke right off when I tried to switch it to vibrate...returned it, got a brand new one, its perfect now.

DeaconEsq

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2006
Perfect here. No scratches, no smudges under the screen, no cracks, no technical issues, and no loose switches.

(16GB White)

techguy1

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2008
London
Picked my black 16gig up on Monday and all looks and works well .. very impressed so far. Just wish there weren't so many goodies in the app store, I need a 32gig :D

PDACPA

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2008
Florida
Mine was DOA. Screen would not respond, but you could hear it ring. I was in the Apple store, but had to go through an entire return at the Genius bar since the sim had been activated.

New one is working fine.

WHM

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2008
South
PERFECT..... 16Gb Black..... had the original and thought that was awesome.... this one is unbelievable. Really fast 3 G.....

gcmexico

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Littleton, CO
weird situation here

the first one I got 8gb black, kept on stalling when I would go to contacts...it would freeze a good 10 secs before I could scroll...I thought it was defective, my 1st generation never stalled on me...took it back got a new one, but same problem, but it only stalls 3 secs now...anyone else having this issue, when you switch to contacts, it takes a couple of seconds to be able to scroll, it's very annoying, maybe it's a bug on all fons?:(

PoitNarf

macrumors 65816
May 28, 2007
Northern NJ
First one died after 36 hours, got "Repair needed, unable to make or receive phone calls" error message on the phone and after that it pretty much quit working. Was unable to restore the software on it.

Got a replacement at the Apple store just 2 days ago and it's been chugging along fine so far...

phishie

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2008
I got a 16GB Black, working beautifully.

Roommate also got a 16GB Black but his has had much worse battery life and has a group of dim pixels in the middle of the screen

I was 5th in line, he was 6th. Phew.

carlitol

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2008
My 16GB was acting sluggish when SMS and a few other things. Called Apple and had to re-install the software and new firm ware. Works great so far. Don't forget to sinc your contacts and calender with outlook if you are on a PC before you try it though.

BrightestBear

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2008
There's something wrong with my speaker that makes incoming voices, rings, etc., sound rattley and distorted when I'm on my talking phone. I'm hoping to swap it out this weekend.

Otherwise, it's wonderful, and my husband's is perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.