Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lawicko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Hi, I'm new to iPhone programming, and to this forum, so first of all - hi all :)

I need some help with localizing my app. I know how localization works for .string files, and this part of my project is done and working. However I also have to localize one .xib file, and this is the reason why I came here.

I created localizations for my .xib file, but when I init it with initWithNibName method it always loads default English localization :( In order to use localized strings I use NSLocalizedString macro, so my guess is that I may have to use similar trick here, but unfortunately I cannot find anything about this issue in documentation. Any suggestions greatly appreciated :D

lawicko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Ok, I found out what was the problem :D For reasons unknown to me, the mainBundle didn't recognize my .xib file as localized. What helped was Build->Clean :) After that I built my project again and localization worked fine :cool:

toprobin

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2008
Ok, I found out what was the problem :D For reasons unknown to me, the mainBundle didn't recognize my .xib file as localized. What helped was Build->Clean :) After that I built my project again and localization worked fine :cool:

hi can you help me localize in bangla for bangladesh. just tell me what help you need for that.
thanx

toprobin

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2008
I want to localize my iphone. as im bangladeshi there for im trying to localize it to bangla. problem is i dont have windows pc to open .artwork and is any one can guide me for that. i will happy to localize my i phone.

thanx :apple:

lawicko

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
I really don't know what are you talking about, you don't need any windows pc to localize your app. And I've never heard of .artwork thing :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.