Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlamin517

macrumors 6502
Jul 12, 2008
iPhone3g_15.jpg
how's this one?

hahahahahah that looks so stupid. im assuming that was a joke right?

twynne

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2006
London, UK
Not wanting to get into comparisons of GA vs IS vs BG here, but I'd like to know if anyone can absolutely confirm if the Ghost Armor:

1) Has a single back piece that covers the bezel on the 3G iPhone
-or-
2) Has separate bezel pieces

Basically I don't want the bezel covered as I think it tends to look terrible. Most of the shield products cover it part way and that looks even worse.

I really only want a shield to protect the back. When I'm doing anything more active I'll use a silicon or leather case over the top.

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks,

Tom

pj rage

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
Ok so I was online and googled ghost armor to show my buddies how cool this stuff is and the second thing i see on google is ghost armor sucks???? I think not!! I will be quick to jump to there defense because I have had it on my Ipod Touch 16Gb for 4 Months and it is brand spankin new! Here are some pics of it. I dont understand how you could possibly hate on this product? I absolutley love it!
Based on that bottom left photo, there does seem to be more orange peel that I thought / hoped for, but still doesn't look as bad as IS.

I think I need to see these skins in person to get a true feel for them.

coffee58

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Just got back from the Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL and have pics of the Agent 18 Clear case. I went with this one because it can dock in the universal dock using the supplied dock adapter and still shows off my white beauty.:p

How is this case working out for you so far? I'm a huge fan of Agent 18, but have only had the EcoShield so I'm wondering how this fits the 3G. I'm trying to justify spending $37.00 after shipping on a case that I've not seen in action. Also, if anyone out there has an Agent 18 promo code for the iPhone cases it would be awesome if you would post it.

malencar

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Can't believe I'm the only one with this case here!

I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

coffee58

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Seems like you're the first one with anything different. At least you got it pretty quick. My apple store here in Nashville doesn't really have anything in stock so for now mine's running around naked....Kinda like it though.

norcio

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2007
https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Skin=38&Category=25

Just ordered a Gelaskin. I have one on my MBP and I love it. I'm not expecting this to really protect my 3G from falls or any serious damage, just to keep it from sliding around on my car's center console, and to give it a fresh look. It will also prevent the back from getting all scratched up over time, so that's a plus. As for the front, I'm keeping it naked. I've read a lot about good experiences with no protection so I'm goine to give it a shot :)

I'll post an update when it comes in the mail and I install it.

luckygyrl83

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2008
Fullerton, CA
I ordered it from the Apple Store and got it three days ago and have been using it since. It replaced an Agent18 (black) that I really didn't like. It's called the Griffin Nu Form and I LOVE it! Thin, dockable and stylish.

Too bad they didnt have that at the actual store when the ipone came out. I want a new case soooo bad. This belkin rubber crap is driving me crazy...

IP3G

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
What i plan on doing is getting a screen protector either bodyguardz or ghost armor (front only) and keeping it inside a case-mate naked for the 3g. Do you guys think this will interfear with the touch screen's performance?

accord08

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Los Anjealous

I just ordered this case and am waiting for it to get delivered. Does it have a rubbery feel to it even though it's hard case? Or does it feel like the back of the phone itself (i.e. true hard plastic)? I don't like the rubbery feel to some griffin cases and I may return this one if it feels the same way.

btcutter

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2008
Just got the Agent 18 clear case with Power Crystal Film on front. Love it.

I want to show my white 16gb phone as much as possible.

Contour flick white doesn't look as look as I thought i would.

b8b

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2008
Ill be going with the invisi-shield from invisibleshield.com.

I just finished installing it... I had a lot of trouble with the back, so I gave up on that, and I think I got some tiny specks of lint on the front, so it doesn't look perfect - that combined with the eggshell texture and I'm hating it (for some reason, I didn't mind it as much on my original iPhone). Not sure what to do.

Ok everybody Ive had it with the "who has the better case talk it has gone on to long" so this is what I did. I bought an Apple Iphone Full Body Kit from all 3 of the top film manufactures and tried each for 2 weeks and this is what I found out :

Did you really buy all those? I am having trouble deciding which one and price is a factor (it's not that I can't afford it, it's that I don't). Seems like a lot to spend. With all that research, pictures would have been good.

Should i get invisibleSHIELD or ghost armor? Which one do you guys think is better??

I wish there was a forum with a vote so we could view a lot of opinions easily :)

Like everyone else, I'm in the market for a case/protection for my new iphone 3g.

I've ordered the ghost-armor based on some reviews here and on some blackberry forums. I liked the pictures posted here. There isn't nearly as much orange peel or noticeable texture as the invisible shield. That orange peel would drive me absolutely nuts, but maybe I'm just more sensitive to it.

I'll let you guys know how the ghost armor works out after I get it. I'm thinking that if the screen portion doesn't work out well for me, I'll probably take that part off and go with the Power Support Crystal Film. Or if the whole thing sucks, I'll try the BSE next.

Please let us know your opinion. I am very sensative too and don't like the IS orange peel look. The Power Support Crystal Film is almost $23 just for the front after shipping - can this be purchased in stores?

! I think this might be cooler then any film. Except its bulky but still texting underwater with your Iphone!? Haha just imagine. go here to check it out http://www.otterbox.com

Thanks for showing that! It would be great for swim workouts!! I have already inquired about a 3G version :)

Seriously, I strongly recommend the Power Support Crystal Shield from Apple. Or Power Support directly.

I am leaning in this direction, it even comes with a cleaning film to make sure the dust is all gone (I cleaned so thoroughly before applying IS and didn't see a think, but there's stuff under it and it's difficult to remove once it is there, very frustrating). Where can one get this cost effectively?

thornguy

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2008
Anyone know of a case for the 3G like the DLO that holds the headphones on the back?

Anyone have that or a similar case? Wondering if it makes it too big for a pocket?

Don't want a clip or slip case.

Sweetbike40

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2007
NY/NJ
https://www.gelaskins.com/skins.php?Skin=38&Category=25

Just ordered a Gelaskin. I have one on my MBP and I love it. I'm not expecting this to really protect my 3G from falls or any serious damage, just to keep it from sliding around on my car's center console, and to give it a fresh look. It will also prevent the back from getting all scratched up over time, so that's a plus. As for the front, I'm keeping it naked. I've read a lot about good experiences with no protection so I'm goine to give it a shot :)

I'll post an update when it comes in the mail and I install it.

I'm kinda liking these. At first (a few days ago, it wasn't even something i'd consider) but after walking around nyc today, i kind of felt like a target with my new iPhone. I almost feel like i should cover it up a bit. They stand out. I spotted someone from in the car just walking across the street with one.

AC Rempt

Contributor
Feb 24, 2008
I bought the Contour Flick, and I don't like it. In less than two days, the back of the case is getting all scratched up, and while I like the flicking open of the bottom for docking, it leaves the bottom of the iPhone unprotected.

After looking at malencar's Nu Form pics, I went for the black model, and it should be here by next week. This will be my 3rd case! And I still need a car charger.

Oy, upgrading.

Neo110503

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2007

Looks kind of like the incase slider. I don't think they have theirs out for the 3g but i like the way it looked on the original. Nice find

OREO.Ariel

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2008
jelly iphone3G case

I just got new iphone 3G case
this one called Bubble ~~~~
the color likes jelly~~yummmmmmmm!!
DSC_8068.JPG

DSC_8099.JPG

DSC_8308.JPG

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
The best for protecting and looking good is the Capsule from Switcheasy. I'll wait for their 3g version and get it. It doesn't scratch the chrome bezel like these crystal cases. Dropping it ( it will happen ) is not a problem with these guys. The iPhone will survive without a scratch with this on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.