Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KegMaster

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
I've got a Nano and an iPhone 3G. I've also got my work laptop and home laptop with the latest iTunes on it, Authorized with the same (and my only) iTunes account. The Nano I can plug in to either computer at anytime and transfer whatever music I want via drag and drop. However, the iPhone only works on the home laptop (where it was first initially) plugged in after I got it. When I plug it in on my work laptop, if you click on Music... it sees it, but it is all grayed out and I can't play anything or transfer anything.

Any ideas?

I thought you could sync an iPod on 2 different library's.

ElecEagle

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2008
The information I've read in more than a few places is that you can't sync the iPhone to 2 separate PC's/iTunes installations.

elistan

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2007
Denver/Boulder, CO
On the iPhone try turning on "Manage my musical manually" or whatever its called?

I'm actually quite surprised you can use the Nano with two different iTunes libraries - whenever I've tried that, I'm told by iTunes I need to wipe the Nano before syncing with another library.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.