Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
Ok I have updated to mobileme ok.
I am trying to upload a photo from my iPhone 3G
I get the message saying I need to create a shared album bla bla bla
but I have.
I decided to watch the guided tour again. and when he is setting it up, his iphoto has a mobileme icon in the bottom instead of Web Gallery

I can still create a web gallery and see it when I log in to me.com via a website. I just cant upload from my phone

Has anyone else suffered this?

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
The Message

Finally got screen capture to work

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 92

HelloImaMac

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2007
In your MobileMe Gallery create a new Alblum.

Make sure you check the box "Adding of photos via email or iPhone".

That should do the trick.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
I had not used this feature yet until I saw this Thread. I just created an album and then sent a photo from my iPhone and it stored it on MM. I then used the URL to look at my phone with IE.

It appears to be no way to have security on this feature. Is there no way to restrict who can see my albums?

Also, is there any way to have it Sync with my iPhone (kind of like Contacts) so I would not have to manually send each photo to the Albumn?

appleguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 23, 2002
Auckland, NZ
I had not used this feature yet until I saw this Thread. I just created an album and then sent a photo from my iPhone and it stored it on MM. I then used the URL to look at my phone with IE.

It appears to be no way to have security on this feature. Is there no way to restrict who can see my albums?

Also, is there any way to have it Sync with my iPhone (kind of like Contacts) so I would not have to manually send each photo to the Albumn?

YEAP.
are you doing through iphoto? or the web?

soLoredd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 12, 2007
California
You can set up a password on your web gallery to limit users.

The way I use iPhoto now is I subscribe to the web gallery I created in the web app. You can set it so you allow uploads, which lets you send photos from iPhoto to the gallery. So, now I have mine set up so my friends can upload photos from iPhone/email and we can share pictures. Pretty neat.

The only way I know right now to sync with the iPhone is through iTunes. You can just select that gallery to sync. Or you can put a bookmark on your iPhone homescreen to the gallery.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
You can set up a password on your web gallery to limit users.

The way I use iPhoto now is I subscribe to the web gallery I created in the web app. You can set it so you allow uploads, which lets you send photos from iPhoto to the gallery. So, now I have mine set up so my friends can upload photos from iPhone/email and we can share pictures. Pretty neat.

The only way I know right now to sync with the iPhone is through iTunes. You can just select that gallery to sync. Or you can put a bookmark on your iPhone homescreen to the gallery.

I use Windows so I don't have iPhoto. Maybe Apple will port it to Windows (like iTunes). In the help it said you could Sync with iPhoto. Also, could not find the Passord Option in MobileMe. Maybe that is an iPhoto option as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.